The Student Room Group

gcse english language paper 1

Hello,i was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to answer each questions especially q5 . Any help is much appreciated :smile:)
Reply 1
If you learn, you do not have a problem to answer.
could you please help me with q5 or q6 for english language paper 1 as i have an actual gcse's tommorow and what advice what you give to me for the 40 marker
what type of things would you need to use for your gcse's in english language paper 1 tommorow

Original post by goldengirl123#
could you please help me with q5 or q6 for english language paper 1 as i have an actual gcse's tommorow and what advice what you give to me for the 40 marker
Reply 4
go on yt and go to first rate tutors
oh ok
thanks
i went on that and it helped a lot
appreacite it
Reply 6
Original post by Usbdss
Hello,i was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to answer each questions especially q5 . Any help is much appreciated :smile:)

Assuming you are doing the AQA exam:

For question 5 I would always recommend combining a description with a story. Use the picture and describe every little detail. This is a fabulous way to include may metaphors, personification, similes and pathetic fallacy. You don't have time in this exam to write a full story, so keep it very minimal, but make sure it has some impact on the reader (this can be a feeling of happiness or sadness.)

Also, make sure your piece is structured nicely. Try including one word or one sentence paragraph to really emphasise a phrase in your piece. Combine short sentences with long sentences to create pace and also implement several short sentences back to back where appropriate to create a sense of overwhelm, panic and fear (or this could show excitement!)

I would also recommend ensuring that you use a range of punctuation. This includes, colons, semicolons, bracket or dashes, exclamation marks, question marks and any quotation marks. This is vital in ensuring you mark for technical accuracy is as high as it can be! I would suggest making note of these at the top of your page before you begin writing. Tick them off as you go!

Finally, plan your response! It only has to be a short plan, but it is essential that you have a beginning and ending and a way to progress through the rest of the narrative without losing focus and ultimately writing a weak piece.

Good luck for your exam!

Quick Reply

Latest