The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Economics B Economics & Business Paper 3: 9EB0 03 - 13 Jun 2022 Chat

Poll

How did the Edexcel A Level Economics B paper 3 exam go for you?

Edexcel A Level Economics B Economics & Business Paper 3: The economic environment and business 9EB0 03 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 13th June PM
Length: 2h

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 1 year ago)
How in depth do our TNC case studies need to be?
paper 3 edexcel economics b is on monday and i know literally nothing about it except its different from the other papers - do i need to know real context before the exam or can i just rely on sources like normal? whats the point of the pre-release?

literally cant find anything about it online
Original post by kaaaaatttee
paper 3 edexcel economics b is on monday and i know literally nothing about it except its different from the other papers - do i need to know real context before the exam or can i just rely on sources like normal? whats the point of the pre-release?

literally cant find anything about it online

Hey! I merged your post into the relevant exam thread so hope you get some useful information in here! MP :smile:
Original post by Mythical Pingu

Edexcel A Level Economics B Economics & Business Paper 3: The economic environment and business 9EB0 03 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 13th June PM
Length: 2h

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

do you have the pre released material by chance?
How did the exam go?
I thought it went really well. Best exam out of all them personally
How did everyone else find it?
Also what do ppl reckon the overall grade boundaries will be out of 335
Reply 8
Original post by Alevelexam2022

It’s apparently going to be at a midpoint between 2019 and 2021. Out of 335, So around ;

A* = 210
A = 186
B = 157

Bear in mind that Economics B examiners are harsh when it comes to marking, hence the low boundaries.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Forged
It’s apparently going to be at a midpoint between 2019 and 2021. Out of 335, So around ;

A* = 210
A = 186
B = 157

Bear in mind that Economics B examiners are harsh when it comes to marking, hence the low boundaries.

Yeah that seems about right.

how did you find the paper?
Reply 10
Yeah that seems about right.

how did you find the paper?

It was ok , the questions were quite nice except the last 20 marker with its wording. Did miss the second 8 marker tho cause I ran out of time
Original post by Forged
It was ok , the questions were quite nice except the last 20 marker with its wording. Did miss the second 8 marker tho cause I ran out of time

only an eight marker sooo not major, I wouldn’t worry about it. what was the last 20 marker on again?
Reply 12
only an eight marker sooo not major, I wouldn’t worry about it. what was the last 20 marker on again?

It was something like:

Evaluate the impact on European firms of an increase in economic power of emerging economies in south east Asia?
I read it wrong, wrote the whole 20 marker and only realised as I was evaluating at the end, thankfully I had 12 minutes spare so had time to write a mediocre response which probably only scored me 10 ish marks. However the rest of the paper I felt went really well so I don't think it would have affected the grade by much
Original post by Forged
It was something like:

Evaluate the impact on European firms of an increase in economic power of emerging economies in south east Asia?

Wait why is it out of 335? I though it was 100 times 3 papers?
they use a percentage system as paper 1 and 2 are worth 35% each and paper 3 is only worth 30%. So they times paper 1 and 2 by 1.1 something and paper 3 by like 1.05 and it makes the overall score out of 335. Super confusing I know.

Original post by emushja
Wait why is it out of 335? I though it was 100 times 3 papers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending