The Student Room Group

A Level Edexcel Economics B Paper 3 (9EB0 03) 2023 [exam chat]

how's everyone feeling??
Reply 1
Relatively confident, and you?
Original post by Clocky265
Relatively confident, and you?

not too bad just worried about the timing for this one. feel like the pre-release was so vague though. im basically revising anything to do w markets on all themes lol
is there anyone who has access to 2022 paper 3 and examiners report and would be willing to share? ik the paper isnt gonna be relevant to us bc pre-release material is different but it would be useful to see what kind of feedback examiners give
Reply 4
feeling okay, but markets is so broad like all of the previous years headlines.. what topics have people been putting more emphasis on which may be likely to come up ?
Original post by wdanorv
feeling okay, but markets is so broad like all of the previous years headlines.. what topics have people been putting more emphasis on which may be likely to come up ?

I'm putting my bets on financial markets so I'm doing a decent bit of revision on that.

...which means that it probably won't be financial markets and likely something completely different.
Reply 6
Original post by DanielThePrawn
I'm putting my bets on financial markets so I'm doing a decent bit of revision on that.

...which means that it probably won't be financial markets and likely something completely different.

I also think it is going to be the financial market as well as globalisation and LOADS of theme 3 as they literally asked about none of it in paper 2
I also think it is going to be the financial market as well as globalisation and LOADS of theme 3 as they literally asked about none of it in paper 2

better be theme 3 in there cause so far it has been basically a business paper with all the eos questions
Reply 8
Original post by roxirusumaria
better be theme 3 in there cause so far it has been basically a business paper with all the eos questions

Has to be. It would make no sense for them not to test us on a quarter of the spec
Reply 9

How is globalisation part of markets?
Reply 10
How did people find paper 3 - thought it was alright but ran out of time
Reply 11
Original post by GregTom04

Thought it was a really good paper, didn't think they would touch market failure after 2017 paper 3 I I think it was ?? did run out of time slightly and had to miss half of the 2nd 12 marker with the diagram but just quickly drew the diagram and a para explaining it and dipped to go onto the 20 marker, generally thought it went well-ish. but a 20 marker on the digital economy .. the econdal gods blessed us
Reply 12
Original post by wdanorv
Thought it was a really good paper, didn't think they would touch market failure after 2017 paper 3 I I think it was ?? did run out of time slightly and had to miss half of the 2nd 12 marker with the diagram but just quickly drew the diagram and a para explaining it and dipped to go onto the 20 marker, generally thought it went well-ish. but a 20 marker on the digital economy .. the econdal gods blessed us

Thought section B was better than A. The last 20 marker was great as well as subsidy Q. Section A I didn’t really predict it to be like that but considering how vague the pre release was I’m not surprised. But do think it was better than paper 1
Reply 13
Thought section B was better than A. The last 20 marker was great as well as subsidy Q. Section A I didn’t really predict it to be like that but considering how vague the pre release was I’m not surprised. But do think it was better than paper 1

tbf it was a tap in paper but we might have aswell done a business a level across the three papers. All the questions have been about that. And another about takeovers
Reply 14

It was an alright paper to be fair. Nice questions too, but I made the mistake of spending a bit too much time on the 10 and 12 markers which meant I only really got halfway through the last 20 marker. Overall decent though. Didn't like the question about high barriers to entry affecting market structure tbh but that's all.
Original post by alexhanc
tbf it was a tap in paper but we might have aswell done a business a level across the three papers. All the questions have been about that. And another about takeovers

yeah genuinely, it sucks that we couldnt choose our exam board cause there is nothing online for b if ur teacher left u half way. lol oh well at least we dont have to think about it anymore i just reallly hope our generation brought the grade boundaries down
Yeah economics B edexcel sucks, wording wise and availability wise it is the worse economics paper out of all of them

Quick Reply

Latest