The Student Room Group

Histograms

What do I do with the midpoints? Do I times it by the FD?0FFABE23-E50F-42F6-86DC-0F5D0A49CC1E.jpegB18A262B-4711-4D29-88A9-9A2A83C71B9C.jpeg
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Bigflakes
What do I do with the midpoints? Do I times it by the FD?

You want (midpoint) x (frequency) to estimate the total income from a particular class.

To get the frequency, note that (freq. density) = (freq) / (class width) hence (freq.) = (width) x (FD) ... i.e. frequency for a class is just the area of the rectangle in that class.

Sum up all (midpoint) x (frequency) quantities to get the total income over 300 days and then find the mean from there.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by RDKGames
You want (midpoint) x (frequency) to estimate the total income from a particular class.

To get the frequency, note that (freq. density) = (freq) / (class width) hence (freq.) = (width) x (FD) ... i.e. frequency for a class is just the area of the rectangle in that class.

Sum up all (midpoint) x (frequency) quantities to get the total income over 300 days and then find the mean from there.

Thank you
Reply 3
Original post by RDKGames

Do you know how they got these frequencies, because when I do CW*midpoint i get a couple thousands?C1616233-EA97-406A-A4DD-A6275256241F.jpeg

Quick Reply

Latest