The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Economics Paper 3 7136/3 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the AQA A Level Economics Paper 3 exam go for you?

AQA A Level Economics Paper 3 7136/3 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 13th June PM
Length: 2h

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

any predictions for section b
Original post by mark123abc

i think it's gonna be another type of government intervention kind of question, but that could include fiscal and monetary policies?
i really hope so because that’s pretty straightforward.. some people are saying it might be on financial markets. if it is then I’m actually gonna fail lol
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Do you think section B could be financial markets. I mean surely not there is barley any micro links but im worried as i haven'r really revised it in depth
Original post by Ali2022
Do you think section B could be financial markets. I mean surely not there is barley any micro links but im worried as i haven'r really revised it in depth

I heard some people say it might be but i doubt it + hoping its not
Hopefully financial markets just come up as MCQ bcs i dont understand it that much + theres too much content
Reply 6

Please can everyone send what they answered for paper 1 and 2 so we can weigh up our revision with the topics that haven't yet come up.
I did:
Paper 1 - Section A option B - Oligopoly
paper 1 - section B number 2 - 15 partial/complete market failure - 25 government intervention not always reducing welfare
paper 2 - section A option B - Low and stable inflation should be governments main priority
paper 2 - section B number 3 - 15 why uk export value is different to rest of world - 25 trade always benefits countries
Original post by Ollieos
Please can everyone send what they answered for paper 1 and 2 so we can weigh up our revision with the topics that haven't yet come up.
I did:
paper 1 - section B number 2 - 15 partial/complete market failure - 25 government intervention not always reducing welfare
paper 2 - section A option B - Low and stable inflation should be governments main priority
paper 2 - section B number 3 - 15 why uk export value is different to rest of world - 25 trade always benefits countries

For Paper 1, Section A I answered the Oligopoly question
And for Section B I choose the option which had a 15M about the positive output gap (economic cycle) and whatever the 25m was with that - can’t remember, think it was about government provision of broadband

For Paper 2 Section A I chose the essay about Low and stable inflation (did 3 main body paragraphs each with a counter argument and 2 graphs explained why low inflations needed for business confidence, investment/ consumption etc, how it also indirectly contributes to achieving economic growth & did a paragraph on why unemployment may be a better objective and countered with SRPC and how it can exacerbate existing demand pull inflation)
For Paper 2 Section B I can’t remember which context I chose but I remember answering the one with the 25m on supply side policies / long run growth
(edited 1 year ago)
I’m hoping for an essay on monetary/fiscal policy in paper 3? And perhaps how it could contribute to economic growth and development all topics on the AQA advanced info. Could talk about micro effect on households living standards and savers (interest rate impact) and the obvious macro effects.

If it’s not on fiscal/monetary policy maybe there could be something on market failure and govt intervention
Reply 9
I’m hoping for an essay on monetary/fiscal policy in paper 3? And perhaps how it could contribute to economic growth and development all topics on the AQA advanced info. Could talk about micro effect on households living standards and savers (interest rate impact) and the obvious macro effects.

If it’s not on fiscal/monetary policy maybe there could be something on market failure and govt intervention

Monetary policy has been taken out
my bad meant fiscal and supply side
what r the timings u guys will do for the extract qs? cos idk how long to spend on the 10 and 15 markers
Original post by Eleanor334
what r the timings u guys will do for the extract qs? cos idk how long to spend on the 10 and 15 markers

10 marker is harder than it looks. Give it 20 mins
15 marker is the usual- Prolly 20-23mins if less would be better
Supply side and government intervention have already come up quite a lot in paper 1 and 2 so not sure if they’d put them in paper 3 as well. I’d guess something to do with development (healthcare/education maybe)
Original post by Ali2022

If its financial markets then goodbye uni :smile:
Could they do a 25 marker on price discrimination if they have removed monopoly? Could they do externalities if they have removed merit and demerit goods and how could that be linked in a macro sense
Original post by Ollieos
I did:

paper 1- section A option B oligopoly
paper 1 seaction B essay 1 - market signals and gov provision of broadband
paper 2- section A option B inflation
paper 2 section B essay 2 - large output gap and supply side
my teacher said financial markets wont come up as an essay but idk where he got that from or whether to belive him but anyway im not gonna learn it that much cause i have no time but im hoping market failure gov intervention and then macro policies
Original post by Eleanor334

around 45 mins on multiple choice usually run a bit short of that
around 15-20 mins on 10 marker
around 20 mins on 15 marker
around 35-40 mins on 25 marker
I don't think there has ever been an essay on financial markets, there is not enough content to make one. It would be heavily reliant on your own information and research.

Original post by dsfdmkvkfmm
my teacher said financial markets wont come up as an essay but idk where he got that from or whether to belive him but anyway im not gonna learn it that much cause i have no time but im hoping market failure gov intervention and then macro policies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending