The Student Room Group

HKU / CUHK medicine non-jupas 2023

Scroll to see replies

Hku interview went good hehe
can you give some tips on what to prepare for? did they ask you personal questions or general opinions on news/ ethics questions? thank you so much!!
For those who was invited for CUHK Medicine interview, may i ask if u have taken BMat /UCat? heard this is important for them
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Luckluck
Are u IB or AL or Grad? Did u do UCAT or BMAT?
thx

Im AL and did both UCAT and BMAT, though didn’t do too well
Original post by Mattmedic
Im AL and did both UCAT and BMAT, though didn’t do too well

Did you submit your UCAT/BMAT results?
Do you mind sharing your scores?
Thanks!
Original post by wakasea
For those who was invited for CUHK Medicine interview, may i ask if u have taken BMat /UCat? heard this is important for them

I had my interview yesterday, and did UCAT (submitted my score as I did well) although not BMAT.
anyone have any idea, no. of jupus vs non-jupus of HKU med?
Thanks for sharing. Mine UCAT is 2730. So if your higher or lower than mine? as I did not submit my UCAT and so don't hv interview offer.

Original post by Anonymous
I had my interview yesterday, and did UCAT (submitted my score as I did well) although not BMAT.

Jupus takes about 45% and non Jupas 55%
Jupus takes about 45% and non Jupas 55%

Thanks Bro. Shocking to know that Non-Jupas is more than Jupas for HKU. I guess CU is the other way round?
Thanks for sharing. Mine UCAT is 2730. So if your higher or lower than mine? as I did not submit my UCAT and so don't hv interview offer.

My UCAT score was 3300 Band 1. I don't think it matters very much though, as I have (non-jupas) friends who didn't take UCAT/BMAT (or took them but didn't submit their scores) but still got interviewed yesterday.
Original post by wakasea

i didn't take any and i got the December interview, i'm IB with physics chem math chin b HL and in our email from cuhk we were told that IB students with pg of at least 42 would get dec/apr interview (though i think dec is for 44 or 45 or they look at your specific hl chem/bio grades since one of my friends with a 6 in chem got pushed to apr)
Thanks Bro. Shocking to know that Non-Jupas is more than Jupas for HKU. I guess CU is the other way round?

I reckon cuhk is around 70%
i didn't take any and i got the December interview, i'm IB with physics chem math chin b HL and in our email from cuhk we were told that IB students with pg of at least 42 would get dec/apr interview (though i think dec is for 44 or 45 or they look at your specific hl chem/bio grades since one of my friends with a 6 in chem got pushed to apr)

Thx for the info! My predicted grades are 4A* but got totally no news from CUHK so far :frown:
I reckon cuhk is around 70%

For CU with 70% non-Jupus? that's unbelievable.
Thx for the info! My predicted grades are 4A* but got totally no news from CUHK so far :frown:

Me too
I guess he means 70% jupas. Lol

For CU with 70% non-Jupus? that's unbelievable.

not sure if they're still sending out invitations to the apr interview but when i checked into the dec interview the list of interviewees was mostly IB so you're probably not alone
Anyone have an idea around how many non-jupas applicants there are each year and how many of them get an interview?

From statistics searched online, there were 1333 jupas last year, but no idea about non-jupas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending