The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

university of dundee

hi I study at the University of Dundee and I am in my 3rd year of biomedical sciences, I was wondering what happens when you fail some of your modules. Do you resit the whole year again and do all the modules again (even the ones you passed) or do you resit the year and do the modules you just failed?
(edited 1 year ago)
You resit the ones you failed in summer. If you fail again you normally resit the year. But if you fail a single less important 3rd year module you can progress to 4th year but you’ll have to resit in 4th year and can graduate without it.

You can also resit the whole year and not bother resisting the ones you passed but they’ll end up being capped at a D
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
does that mean if I end up failing my resits in summer I will have to do the whole year again even the modules I passed with A's and B's. what if I only failed 2 modules in my second semester, can I resit that semester?

sorry for all the questions my adviser is not answering my emails :frown:
If you failed a module that is a prerequisite for a compulsory course in 4th year you’ll resit year. You can sometimes resit semesters but unsure how that works
okay i think i understand what you are saying, so if its a module that is compulsory for 4th year I will have to resit the whole year. But if it is a module I picked it will be a different circumstance that I will have to discuss with my advisor.
Yes. If it’s options (certainly at Aberdeen can’t see why Dundee different) you can get away with “emergency credits” if you fail an optional in your final year not related to your course and still graduate. But there’s some sort of penalty. Can’t remember what

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending