The Student Room Group

Choosing a medical school Dundee vs St George’s

Hi, so I am a graduate entry applicant (A100) and just had my interview for Dundee and will soon be having my St George’s one. I used to live in London and after finishing my BSc at Sussex have moved back as well as a lot of my friends from uni and home friends who moved back from their own university areas.

I am struggling to decide between St George’s and Dundee so any input would be appreciated. I feel like Dundee provides a better course - anatomy dissection, more well funded school etc but is also a small city that obviously won’t compare to London. Since the next 5 years will occupy essentially the rest of my 20s I do want to enjoy this period. I know medicine is a lot of work and now my peers are also working so the social time is inevitably less but something to consider.

St George’s being obviously located in London is ideal. I can study alongside my friends and family who are living their own lives but I don’t know how much I love the course or medical school.

Any advice. I would love to hear from current Dundee and St George’s students about uni life and what they would suggest. Anyone else opinion is of course welcome.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
also in similar position, looking for opinions
Reply 2
Original post by zileiwat
Hi, so I am a graduate entry applicant (A100) and just had my interview for Dundee and will soon be having my St George’s one. I used to live in London and after finishing my BSc at Sussex have moved back as well as a lot of my friends from uni and home friends who moved back from their own university areas.

I am struggling to decide between St George’s and Dundee so any input would be appreciated. I feel like Dundee provides a better course - anatomy dissection, more well funded school etc but is also a small city that obviously won’t compare to London. Since the next 5 years will occupy essentially the rest of my 20s I do want to enjoy this period. I know medicine is a lot of work and now my peers are also working so the social time is inevitably less but something to consider.

St George’s being obviously located in London is ideal. I can study alongside my friends and family who are living their own lives but I don’t know how much I love the course or medical school.

Any advice. I would love to hear from current Dundee and St George’s students about uni life and what they would suggest. Anyone else opinion is of course welcome.

Do you have an offer from either of them?
Reply 3
Original post by GANFYD
Do you have an offer from either of them?

I currently have an offer from Dundee. I am still waiting for St George’s.
Reply 4
I currently have an offer from Dundee. I am still waiting for St George’s.

Then for now, I would be really keen on going to Dundee!! Deciding you want SGUL and not getting an offer would only lead to disappointment. Good luck for more offers :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by GANFYD
Then for now, I would be really keen on going to Dundee!! Deciding you want SGUL and not getting an offer would only lead to disappointment. Good luck for more offers :smile:

Yea I guess so 😅. As an EU student I also get to go to Dundee for a fraction of the tuition cost. (£1820 vs £9250 per year) so I guess it would be best choice
Reply 6
Yea I guess so 😅. As an EU student I also get to go to Dundee for a fraction of the tuition cost. (£1820 vs £9250 per year) so I guess it would be best choice

At the moment, it is your only choice. I would just advocate against making a "decision" which is currently outside of your control. You have a place at med school, well done! (and I would choose Dundee over SGUL, any day!), so celebrate that and weigh up the pros and cons of options, when you know for sure if you have them!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending