The Student Room Group

Help

Hello, am new to the UK and hold an international driving licence from Nigeria. I just got a letter now, I was caught on camera doing 96mph on a 70. Am so scared and don’t know what to do
Original post by Jecintaken
Hello, am new to the UK and hold an international driving licence from Nigeria. I just got a letter now, I was caught on camera doing 96mph on a 70. Am so scared and don’t know what to do

Follow the guidance on the letter.
I have also been in the same situation. I got done for 97 mph on a 70! that is 4 years ago and i did learn to stick to speed limits!
I have been given 6 points on my licence and £400 fine! Also my insurance has gone up considerably for the last 3 years! do not speed lol!
Original post by Jecintaken

In Nigeria cars speedometer show in km/h, and UK its in Mph. Probably you thought you were doing a 100km/h, which in reality was more like 150km/h which is insanely high. We all make mistakes, don't feel down. Wish you safe driving

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending