The Student Room Group

SRUC Barony 22/23

I have accepted an offer to study wildlife and conservation management at SRUC at the Dumfries campus Barony this year 2022/2023.
I’m wondering if anyone else will be attending this course or even campus?

I’m moving to Dumfries closer to the time and wondering if anyone wants to buddy up and find a flat to share?
I’m also new to the area, so would love some tips or some new friends! I’m very outdoorsy so would love to meet up and go for walks with likeminded people.
Dumfries is a lovely area of Scotland (my family are from that area), though I'm a couple hours away at uni and don't live there. It is quiet, you will want to be able to create your own entertainment - board games, books, etc. It is very rainy. There's a bowling place in the centre. From the station, there are trains which provide access to many other Scottish cities. There's not much Scots spoken, but try the tattie scones.

Nearby there's Lockerbie, which is a bigger town than Dumfries, and has a train station. From there, you can certainly get to Glasgow and Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Littleannahoj
I have accepted an offer to study wildlife and conservation management at SRUC at the Dumfries campus Barony this year 2022/2023.
I’m wondering if anyone else will be attending this course or even campus?

I’m moving to Dumfries closer to the time and wondering if anyone wants to buddy up and find a flat to share?
I’m also new to the area, so would love some tips or some new friends! I’m very outdoorsy so would love to meet up and go for walks with likeminded people.

Hello! I hope it’s okay to ask? I’m looking to apply to the NC and was wondering if you had any tips for the personal statement?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending