The Student Room Group

SRUC Oatridge/Aberdeen

Hey I was wondering if anyone that has stayed on campus at SRUC Oatridge or Aberdeen could tell me a bit about their experience was it fun with stuff to do etc I am trying to decide between the two campuses.
Thanks, Ellie xx
Reply 1
Hi. I’m staying on campus at Oatridge in September. What course are you doing ? :smile: x
Reply 2
Original post by Eva567
Hi. I’m staying on campus at Oatridge in September. What course are you doing ? :smile: x

I've not applied yet I was thinking of applying for next year x
Reply 3
Original post by Elle01!
I've not applied yet I was thinking of applying for next year x

Aww no worries! Good luck with applying. If you decide to go to Oatridge next year , I’ll tell you what it’s like x
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Eva567
Aww no worries! Good luck with applying. If you decide to go to Oatridge next year , I’ll tell you what it’s like x

Thanks x
Reply 5
Original post by Elle01!
Hey I was wondering if anyone that has stayed on campus at SRUC Oatridge or Aberdeen could tell me a bit about their experience was it fun with stuff to do etc I am trying to decide between the two campuses.
Thanks, Ellie xx

hey I know this was posted a few months back but Aberdeen sruc doesn’t have accommodation they are grouped with Aberdeen universities accommodation which is quite good sruc students have 3 buildings to choose from Hector boece north court and new carniege (or however it’s spelt) i am staying in Hector boece which costs around 122 per week it’s a shared flat with 4 other people 2 toilets and one shower you pretty much are always out with other sruc students the main issues with staying here are we don’t get access to what’s called the “gaming wifi” which basically means no games consoles or smart home devices for us and most Aberdeen uni students have there day if on Wednesday so that’s the day parties happen but the day off for sruc is normally Thursday or Friday depending on what you’re studying but overall the accommodation is good and the services are amazing the people who run the student residents association are so kind and very helpful I am staying here next year again so if you do decide to stay here feel free to send me a message and we can talk about it ~Nat
Reply 6
Hi, I am also going to start vet nursing @ Craibstone this year, did you do the BSc or Diploma? I'm doing the BSc and looking for any advice or tips for 1st year, from accommodation and buses to course content etc! Would love to hear any advice you may have - would be much appreciated, thanks!
Original post by Natatta
hey I know this was posted a few months back but Aberdeen sruc doesn’t have accommodation they are grouped with Aberdeen universities accommodation which is quite good sruc students have 3 buildings to choose from Hector boece north court and new carniege (or however it’s spelt) i am staying in Hector boece which costs around 122 per week it’s a shared flat with 4 other people 2 toilets and one shower you pretty much are always out with other sruc students the main issues with staying here are we don’t get access to what’s called the “gaming wifi” which basically means no games consoles or smart home devices for us and most Aberdeen uni students have there day if on Wednesday so that’s the day parties happen but the day off for sruc is normally Thursday or Friday depending on what you’re studying but overall the accommodation is good and the services are amazing the people who run the student residents association are so kind and very helpful I am staying here next year again so if you do decide to stay here feel free to send me a message and we can talk about it ~Nat
Reply 7
Hillhead is probably best accommodation for first years but anywhere you decided to go will be good. Hillhead has a direct bus to the craibstone campus but there is a bus on Union street ( the Main Street in the town centre) that also goes direct to campus
Reply 8
Original post by Eva567

YOOOO im going to oatridge too 💅🏻

Quick Reply

Latest