The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Tuition Fee not being paid until October

I could do with some advice! I applied a little later than normal (late June) for a PGCE and was accepted, so put in my SFE application immediately. Just been told today that the Tuition fee won't be paid until the middle of October, a month after my course starts, does anyone know if this is standard or will I need to try and bridge that financial gap myself?! Having a little panic as I'm worried I'm going to have to try and get a bank loan to cover those fees before the finance comes through!
Contact your university income department and explain the situation and ask if the delay will cause a problem with your enrolment and if they’ll accept evidence of your application for funding
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
I could do with some advice! I applied a little later than normal (late June) for a PGCE and was accepted, so put in my SFE application immediately. Just been told today that the Tuition fee won't be paid until the middle of October, a month after my course starts, does anyone know if this is standard or will I need to try and bridge that financial gap myself?! Having a little panic as I'm worried I'm going to have to try and get a bank loan to cover those fees before the finance comes through!

That should not me an issue, The university will already know by now that your tuition fee is being paid by SFE, SFE only pays the university in 3 goes, so this is the first date SFE will pay your university along with the fees for all the other students in the university. It seems like when your course starts at the start of September but the university need to confirm all the students have enrolled and arrived for their first day, they can't do this until all the courses have begun! Don't panic and enjoy your last couple of weeks before you head to uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending