The Student Room Group

PG Tuition Fee

If I want to defer my course until next year (but I’ve already been paid the tuition fee), do I have to repay immediately.
Original post by Nonononnbjj
If I want to defer my course until next year (but I’ve already been paid the tuition fee), do I have to repay immediately.

Hi there, have you been paid any maintenance loan? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, have you been paid any maintenance loan? Thanks, Jason

No, it’s a Masters so we don’t get maintenance. But the tuition has been paid directly to my account.
No, it’s a Masters so we don’t get maintenance. But the tuition has been paid directly to my account.

Hi there, if its the same course you just wouldn't be paid term 1 again (but terms 2 and 3 still). You don't need to pay this back at this time. We do need the university to send us a 'change of circumstance' to update us. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, if its the same course you just wouldn't be paid term 1 again (but terms 2 and 3 still). You don't need to pay this back at this time. We do need the university to send us a 'change of circumstance' to update us. Thanks, Jason

I see, thanks for your help. So could I hold onto the money until next year and use that to pay the uni, or would I need to pay it back to you before going back to uni.
I see, thanks for your help. So could I hold onto the money until next year and use that to pay the uni, or would I need to pay it back to you before going back to uni.

This is entirely up to you. But if you've enrolled for this year then if you make a voluntary payment back you wouldn't be eligible for term 1 again as technically you did study for the first term. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending