The Student Room Group

dropping out of university - student loans and maintenance loans?

this may seem like a dumb question but does dropping out of university a day before the course year begins just cancel the tuition fee loan? so that the tuition fee loan is never paid to the university? fyi the tuition fee loan isnt set to be paid to the uni until mid october.
also im receiving a portion of my maintenance loan on 25th september, which is a day before my university course begins (26th september). am i able to keep that maintenance loan for my living expenses? im super tight on money atm and im also an estranged student - confirmed by student finance
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by coffeelover3
this may seem like a dumb question but does dropping out of university a day before the course year begins just cancel the tuition fee loan? so that the tuition fee loan is never paid to the university? fyi the tuition fee loan isnt set to be paid to the uni until mid october.
also im receiving a portion of my maintenance loan on 25th september, which is a day before my university course begins (26th september). am i able to keep that maintenance loan for my living expenses? im super tight on money atm and im also an estranged student - confirmed by student finance

Hi there,

As long as the university doesn't confirm your attendance or registration then no fees would be paid to them. If you are never in attendance then they would be no fees to pay.

If you are looking to cancel your application before you enrol then you can do this via your online account. To cancel your application please click into the pplication, from the Information and Guidance links on the right-hand side under the Manage your Student Finance banner you can then select the ‘View and manage your applications’ link.
Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending