The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Official University of Reading 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SoConfused?
Has anyone paid the first installment for accommodation that is due today?
If so, how did you do it please?

Hi @SoConfused,
Apologies for missing this message! You should be able to find out how to make payments under the “accommodation” tab in RISIS, and it won’t take you long. If you’re still having trouble, I’d encourage you to contact the accommodation service through email at [email protected].
Kat :smile:
MA Diplomacy Student
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
@UniofReading @Ghostlady

are workshops at uni compulsory? On my timetable, I have a workshop for next week but I am not sure if I need to go in
Original post by Anonymous
@UniofReading @Ghostlady

are workshops at uni compulsory? On my timetable, I have a workshop for next week but I am not sure if I need to go in

Hey @Anonymous,
This can depend on the course you're studying, but I'd encourage you to try and attend every workshop, seminar or lecture regardless! If it's on your timetable you're enrolled on the course and your school think it's important you attend. As we're still in the first few weeks of term I'd recommend going along and checking it out anyway, and maybe speak to the module convenor via email or after the session - you should be able to find their contact details when you click on the module tab in BlackBoard.
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
MA Diplomacy Student
Reply 283
Original post by Anonymous
@UniofReading @Ghostlady

Hi Anonymous, sorry I would love to have helped, but my youngest has left the university im sorry to say. Even though she made lots of friends, homesickness just got the better of her. Shes taking a gap year out and finding work and applying to a couple of unis closer to home thats commutable for 2024. She did love Reading, but was too far away from us just to nip back on the train when ever she wanted. With the eldest she attended her workshops at Lancaster, she found them very useful, especially on subjects she didnt have a full understanding on. So they are worth going.
Wishing you all the very best.
Original post by Ghostlady
Hi Anonymous, sorry I would love to have helped, but my youngest has left the university im sorry to say. Even though she made lots of friends, homesickness just got the better of her. Shes taking a gap year out and finding work and applying to a couple of unis closer to home thats commutable for 2024. She did love Reading, but was too far away from us just to nip back on the train when ever she wanted. With the eldest she attended her workshops at Lancaster, she found them very useful, especially on subjects she didnt have a full understanding on. So they are worth going.
Wishing you all the very best.

Hi @Ghostlady,
So sorry to hear this - hopefully she will stay in contact with these friends and remember her time here fondly. We wish her the best of luck with her future endeavours!
Best wishes,
MA Diplomacy Student
Reply 285
Original post by UniofReading
Hi @Ghostlady,
So sorry to hear this - hopefully she will stay in contact with these friends and remember her time here fondly. We wish her the best of luck with her future endeavours!
Best wishes,
MA Diplomacy Student

Many thanks Kat :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending