The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Best First Year Student Accomodation At University of Reading?

Hi, I was thinking about applying to the Uni of Reading this year, and wanted to get an idea of accommodation. I was wondering what residences are the considered to be the best, and the most social. I'd preferably like to be in a self-catered hall with an en-suite, however I'm open to ideas! Thanks
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, I was thinking about applying to the Uni of Reading this year, and wanted to get an idea of accommodation. I was wondering what residences are the considered to be the best, and the most social. I'd preferably like to be in a self-catered hall with an en-suite, however I'm open to ideas! Thanks

Hey!

Great to hear you're thinking of applying to Reading!
Great question - I think it really does depend on individual preferences. Do you want to be near anything in particular? I was in Bridges, which is just across the lake by the Psychology and Agriculture buildings. Bridges is self-catered and has options of shared and ensuite bathrooms - it is probably the most modern of the halls as it is the newest. I loved it there and there was a good mix of social and quieter areas!
You can find a full list of the accommodation options available with en-suite here, but I think the most 'social' ones may be considered to be those that are in our Park group as they are near Park Bar. This includes accommodation such as Mackinder, Greenow and McCombie, Childs and Stenton. Are there any other factors you want to consider? This may help when choosing the right place for you!

I would also advise having a look on the website (the link above) at the virtual tours available for some of them, and if possible, come along to an open day to see some in person as that will also help you get a bit of a feel for the options available!

Skye 🙂
4th Year MSci Speech and Language Therapy Student
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1
pls give me advice on reading university and if i should go , would it be worth it ?
Original post by UniofReading
Hey!

Great to hear you're thinking of applying to Reading!
Great question - I think it really does depend on individual preferences. Do you want to be near anything in particular? I was in Bridges, which is just across the lake by the Psychology and Agriculture buildings. Bridges is self-catered and has options of shared and ensuite bathrooms - it is probably the most modern of the halls as it is the newest. I loved it there and there was a good mix of social and quieter areas!
You can find a full list of the accommodation options available with en-suite here, but I think the most 'social' ones may be considered to be those that are in our Park group as they are near Park Bar. This includes accommodation such as Mackinder, Greenow and McCombie, Childs and Stenton. Are there any other factors you want to consider? This may help when choosing the right place for you!

I would also advise having a look on the website (the link above) at the virtual tours available for some of them, and if possible, come along to an open day to see some in person as that will also help you get a bit of a feel for the options available!

Skye 🙂
4th Year MSci Speech and Language Therapy Student

Could i know more about graphic communication at uni of reading ?
Original post by Angela Pallisery
pls give me advice on reading university and if i should go , would it be worth it ?
Hi @Angela Pallisery,
Great to hear you’re considering Reading! Personally I’ve had a great 4 years here, and I’d encourage everyone to visit us and see what you think, as well as look at our website reading.ac.uk for more information about us. May I ask what you’re looking to study to help answer your question better?

Kat 🙂
MA Diplomacy Student
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi @Angela Pallisery,
Great to hear you’re considering Reading! Personally I’ve had a great 4 years here, and I’d encourage everyone to visit us and see what you think, as well as look at our website reading.ac.uk for more information about us. May I ask what you’re looking to study to help answer your question better?

Kat 🙂
MA Diplomacy Student
Sorry, not sure why this posted anonymously!
Hi @Angela Pallisery,

Kat 🙂
MA Diplomacy Student

I am thinking of studying Graphic Communication at university of reading but unsure as its doesn,t seem to be popular in that category nor highly ranked in the category , its says 44 ranked but i am unsure as its doesn,t say it anywhere else , pls give me advice and information based on the course
Hi @Angela Pallisery,

Kat 🙂
MA Diplomacy Student
i am coming for an offer holder day soon for university of reading , i really want to go but i am unsure at typography , its not really something i am interested with but its a good uni , i would love to join but i need more information
Original post by Angela Pallisery
i am coming for an offer holder day soon for university of reading , i really want to go but i am unsure at typography , its not really something i am interested with but its a good uni , i would love to join but i need more information
Hi @Angela Pallisery,

Great! You can find out all about our UG Graphic Communication course here, which will hopefully answer any questions you have! Although I'm not studying it myself, I have a few friends that have done and some of their favourite aspects of studying here are the almost 24/7 access to the buildings for work & study and the many networking and skill development opportunities here at Reading.

What is it about the course other than the ratings that is making you feel hesitant - you say you're not really interested in typography, but this this will only be one component of your course. I would encourage you to think about your broader student experience than outside the course, so coming to an offer holder day is a great idea to get a feel of what it could be like for you to study here - personally it was the campus and wider work/career/personal skill development that helped sway me!

However it's important that you choose a degree you know you will enjoy - is there anything else that you're interested in pursuing?

Kat :smile:
MA Diplomacy Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending