The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Reading MPharm

Hi, I had my interview at Reading last week for MPharm. Has anyone gotten an offer? If so, conditional or unconditional and what was the offer if you do not mind sharing. Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bikkyj
Hi, I had my interview at Reading last week for MPharm. Has anyone gotten an offer? If so, conditional or unconditional and what was the offer if you do not mind sharing. Thanks.

Hey @bikkyj

Well done on getting through the interview - that's a real weight off your shoulders hopefully!

Wishing you the best of luck as you wait for a decision, but if you have any questions in the meantime, please do feel free to ask away!

Skye 🙂
4th Year MSci Speech and Language Therapy Student
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by bikkyj

I sat my interview on the 1st of November and haven’t heard back. I was told to wait until mid January. gap year applicant btw with confirmed grades.
Reply 3
Original post by bikkyj

Got an offer this morning. conditional of grades ABB.
Hi I had my interview early November and have not heard a response back yet from reading
Should i be worried?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi I had my interview early November and have not heard a response back yet from reading
Should i be worried?
Hi! To be honest, I am not sure. I think the fact that you haven't heard back in terms of a rejection is a good sign. I don't know how many rounds of admissions that Reading has because I am an international student, but I got my offer the same day as the other person on this form, two weeks almost after my interview.

Good Luck !!!
Should i be worried?
Hey!

Sorry you've not heard back yet. I wouldn't be too concerned as there are a lot of applications to get through and they may be waiting for all interviews to be conducted before sending out offers due to the limited number of spots available.
If you would like an update from the department as to where the application process is at you can contact the admissions department directly via phone +44 (0) 118 378 8372 or email [email protected] - they will be able to give you the most up to date information on where your application is at.

If you have any other questions though, please do ask - I know it can be quite a stressful time, waiting for responses but rest assured that the team are working through applications as quickly as possible.

Good luck with your application!
Skye :smile:
Original post by YuccefTheKurd
I sat my interview on the 1st of November and haven’t heard back. I was told to wait until mid January. gap year applicant btw with confirmed grades.

I heard that maths questions were asked in the interview i was just wondering what type of maths questions were asked if you don’t mind telling me i’m terrified for my interview
When is your interview
When is your interview

This month on the 18th
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous #2
I heard that maths questions were asked in the interview i was just wondering what type of maths questions were asked if you don’t mind telling me i’m terrified for my interview

They have given you the information on their website on what to expect on the day of the interview, you should read that. Also just be yourself and stay calm. Good luck😊
Original post by Anonymous #2
This month on the 18th
I'm nervous too, i got my interview on March 18 also. I hope we both do well !
Reply 12
The people who had interview on 18 th march how did it go?? Can anyone tell me what did they ask about?
Reply 13
Original post by Farws
The people who had interview on 18 th march how did it go?? Can anyone tell me what did they ask about?
Hi I had mine last month and they basically asked exactly what was stated in the interview information link that they send when giving you an interview so basically why pharmacy and then they randomly picked 2 out of the 4 personal values ( for this just have an answer for all 4) and a situational judgment at the end. lastly the extra question that wasn't on the link was 'why reading'
could anyone tell me how long it took for reading to get back to them? i just had my interview today
Original post by Anonymous
could anyone tell me how long it took for reading to get back to them? i just had my interview today

Hi!

Well done on getting through the interview - I hope that's a weight lifted!

Response times can vary depending on the amount of interviews they are conducting, thus how many decisions they need to make and how many responses the administration team need to send out. However, they will aim to get back to you as soon as they can, don't worry! I think it is usually normal for responses to take a couple of weeks minimum so don't be alarmed if you don't hear anything straight away.

If you ever have any questions about the progress of your application, you can contact the admissions team via [email protected] or call +44 (0) 118 378 8372 and the they will be happy to help where possible.

Sorry - I know this isn't a straightforward answer as you would probably hope for, but hope it is helpful in some way! Good luck and do ask if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Skye 🙂
Heyy, I'm a little worried because I had my interview for Reading on March 17th. Do you think I should contact the university?
Original post by pinoy1505
Heyy, I'm a little worried because I had my interview for Reading on March 17th. Do you think I should contact the university?

Hey @pinoy1505 !

Well done on getting through the interview - that's a great achievement in itself! I hope it was okay.

Try not to worry too much (easier said than done I know!); it's very normal for responses to take a couple of weeks as it depends how many interviews they've had, how long it takes the interviewers to communicate decisions to the admissions team and then for the admissions team to input this information into RISIS and UCAS, but they will have lots of applications to go through so don't be alarmed by a little wait.

However, I know it can be really stressful so if you are concerned for any reason and want to speak to someone directly about your application, you can always contact the admissions team who will be happy to answer any questions you have. You can contact them via email [email protected] or call +44 (0) 118 378 8372.

I would say give it a couple of weeks as it hasn't quite been a month yet and this is very normal due to the high rate of applications and holidays like Easter pushing things back a little bit, and if you still haven't heard back in a few weeks then chase it up - but like I said, you are more than welcome to do so anytime now if that would put your mind at ease too!

Hope this helps a little and wishing you the best of luck with it! Let us know if you have any other questions at all about anything.

Skye 🙂
4th Year MSci Speech and Language Therapy
Original post by UniofReading
Hey @pinoy1505 !
Well done on getting through the interview - that's a great achievement in itself! I hope it was okay.
Try not to worry too much (easier said than done I know!); it's very normal for responses to take a couple of weeks as it depends how many interviews they've had, how long it takes the interviewers to communicate decisions to the admissions team and then for the admissions team to input this information into RISIS and UCAS, but they will have lots of applications to go through so don't be alarmed by a little wait.
However, I know it can be really stressful so if you are concerned for any reason and want to speak to someone directly about your application, you can always contact the admissions team who will be happy to answer any questions you have. You can contact them via email [email protected] or call +44 (0) 118 378 8372.
I would say give it a couple of weeks as it hasn't quite been a month yet and this is very normal due to the high rate of applications and holidays like Easter pushing things back a little bit, and if you still haven't heard back in a few weeks then chase it up - but like I said, you are more than welcome to do so anytime now if that would put your mind at ease too!
Hope this helps a little and wishing you the best of luck with it! Let us know if you have any other questions at all about anything.
Skye 🙂
4th Year MSci Speech and Language Therapy

Hi, I had my interview in February and haven’t heard anything back since. Is it worth sending an email or should I assume that I’ve been rejected?
Hi, I had my interview in February but haven’t gotten a response yet. It is worth sending an email or is it fair to assume that I’ve been rejected?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending