Scroll to see replies

Thank you
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Original post by University of Salford
Hiya @Georgina87,

Ah, fingers crossed for you! Applying for uni is absolutely nerve wracking, I don't blame you for being nervous! Best thing to remind yourself is that everyone is in the same boat - everyone will be nervous, everyone will be waiting to hear back. I always recommend trying to make sure you do something nice for yourself to take your mind off waiting, even if its something as small as making yourself a hot drink and getting cozy!

All the best,
Becky
University of Salford Rep

Thank you again Becky,

I've been focused on getting through my access course and arranging work experience in a hospital with the Radiography department, which I have done finally! Unfortunately at the time I sent my ucas application I didn't want to put anything in my personal statement that I hadn't actually done so I am wondering if that may go against me getting an interview?

Thanks again
Georgina
Original post by Georgina87
Thank you again Becky,

I've been focused on getting through my access course and arranging work experience in a hospital with the Radiography department, which I have done finally! Unfortunately at the time I sent my ucas application I didn't want to put anything in my personal statement that I hadn't actually done so I am wondering if that may go against me getting an interview?

Thanks again
Georgina

Hi Georgina,

It’s a difficult one, as it really depends what else is in your personal statement and how strong that is generally (in terms of skills, understanding, other work experience etc) so it’s not really possible to say. Obviously subject specific work experience can add to this (for example, in terms of your understanding of the role and experiences you might have) but you could also have a really strong statement without this. If you do get an interview though, you’ll have the opportunity to talk about your experience at that point 😊

Good luck with your application and I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!

All the best,

Rowan
- University of Salford Rep
Hi Georgina,

It’s a difficult one, as it really depends what else is in your personal statement and how strong that is generally (in terms of skills, understanding, other work experience etc) so it’s not really possible to say. Obviously subject specific work experience can add to this (for example, in terms of your understanding of the role and experiences you might have) but you could also have a really strong statement without this. If you do get an interview though, you’ll have the opportunity to talk about your experience at that point 😊

Good luck with your application and I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!

All the best,

Rowan

Thank you Rowan,

I do have 14 years of work experience that I've included, hopefully in the right way haha
I have been offered an interview with Liverpool which is a relief after failure to get one with Bradford haha I'm still holding out for Salford but it does make me more hopeful that my personal statement wasn't a complete wash out! So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Thanks again
Hi

Anyone doing TV Production MA in 2023/24?
Has anyone else had an interview today for the diagnostic radiography?
Has anyone else had an interview today for the diagnostic radiography?

Hey @Georgina87,

Think I saw you've posted this in another Healthcare thread and we've had a chat there, but I really hope all went well! Typically we'll begin letting you know within a few weeks of you having your interview what our decisions are, but keep us posted on how things go! Fingers crossed you get the decision you're wanting :biggrin:

All the best!
Becky
Hi everyone!

We're signing off TSR for Christmas here at the University of Salford, so will be back and ready to answer any of your queries and chat about university life in the New Year! If you have any admissions/application queries our Course Enquiries and Admissions Teams will be available via phone and email until 2pm on Friday 23rd December, but after that point will be closed for the Winter Break until Tuesday 3rd January. In this period we will also not be updating any decisions on UCAS, so please don't worry if you do not hear back about your application during this time!

We wish you all a very relaxing Winter Break, and can't wait to be back chatting with you all in January!

All the best,
Becky, Rowan, Alison and Ben
University of Salford Reps
Hey @Georgina87,

Think I saw you've posted this in another Healthcare thread and we've had a chat there, but I really hope all went well! Typically we'll begin letting you know within a few weeks of you having your interview what our decisions are, but keep us posted on how things go! Fingers crossed you get the decision you're wanting :biggrin:

All the best!
Becky

Thank you Becky,

Still waiting to hear back, still thinking of everything I could have said instead of what I did haha
Thank you Becky,

Still waiting to hear back, still thinking of everything I could have said instead of what I did haha

Hi @Georgina87,

I'm exactly the same after interviews! Try not to worry too much - the University was closed for just over a week over the festive period so it might take a little longer to hear :smile:

Fingers crossed for you!

Rowan
Got an offer back a few weeks ago after my Broadcast Journalism interview - from what I've seen it, the university looks excellent and is definitely my first choice. I'm Currently studying Politics, Geography and Computer Science with an Extended Project Qualification looking into TV News Bias. I'm from Kent and had never been further north than Birmingham prior to the interview, but was very impressed with the area, especially MediaCity.

A couple of questions about the accomodation at the Peel Park Quarter:

1. How many students share one living area, and does it vary based on room type?
2. Do the rooms have coaxial aerial connections or is the only one by the shared television?
3. Are Chromecasts or smart speakers allowed, because I know some large networks can be a bit iffy with them?

Thanks in advance for your help.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by alfie mulcahy
Got an offer back a few weeks ago after my Broadcast Journalism interview - from what I've seen it, the university looks excellent and is definitely my first choice. I'm Currently studying Politics, Geography and Computer Science with an Extended Project Qualification looking into TV News Bias. I'm from Kent and had never been further north than Birmingham prior to the interview, but was very impressed with the area, especially MediaCity.

A couple of questions about the accomodation at the Peel Park Quarter:

1. How many students share one living area, and does it vary based on room type?
2. Do the rooms have coaxial aerial connections or is the only one by the shared television?
3. Are Chromecasts or smart speakers allowed, because I know some large networks can be a bit iffy with them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi @alfie mulcahy.

Ahhh I'm so glad you enjoyed visiting for your interview :smile: are you planning on coming along to an applicant visit day?

Ooooh you have me stumped with your questions - I've definitely never been asked question 2 and 3 before! Your best bet would probably be to contact CLV directly about them - you can give them on a call on +44 (0)161 850 6664 or email them via [email protected].

If you have any more questions, just shout - I might even be able to answer the next ones :biggrin:

Rowan
Hi @alfie mulcahy.

Ahhh I'm so glad you enjoyed visiting for your interview :smile: are you planning on coming along to an applicant visit day?

Ooooh you have me stumped with your questions - I've definitely never been asked question 2 and 3 before! Your best bet would probably be to contact CLV directly about them - you can give them on a call on +44 (0)161 850 6664 or email them via [email protected].

If you have any more questions, just shout - I might even be able to answer the next ones :biggrin:

Rowan

Thank you so much for your help. I might come on an applicant day, depending on whether i'm free - it's quite a trek to go up for a single day.
Original post by alfie mulcahy
Thank you so much for your help. I might come on an applicant day, depending on whether i'm free - it's quite a trek to go up for a single day.

Hey @alfie mulcahy,

Thats very reasonable - if you do decide to come visit, we'll be looking forward to hosting you!

All the best!
Becky
Hi
i have interview for salford university on 13th feb for childrens nursing
i am just wondering if i can have any interview tips
Original post by SamanthaNield
Hi
i have interview for salford university on 13th feb for childrens nursing
i am just wondering if i can have any interview tips

Hi @SamanthaNield,

Massive congratulations on getting an interview :smile::smile::smile:

We actually have a thread with some interview and portfolio tips on just here - so I'd recommend checking this out. But, just a few tips for you whilst I'm here...

1. Read over the interview guidance you've been sent over carefully - make sure you understand what's expected of you and, if you're unsure at all, get in touch!
2. If your interview is in person, make sure you work out your route and travel plans in advance - I'd recommend aiming to arrive early, just to account for any unforeseen issues. If your interview is online, make sure you know the software you're using, have tested your camera and mic and organised a location where you won't be disturbed.
3. Read over your personal statement carefully and be prepared to talk around it and expand.
4. Ensure you fully understand the role of a Children's Nurse, and think carefully about why you want to pursue this course and career.
5. Think about why you'd like to study this course at Salford!
6. Ask a friend or family member to do a few practice interviews with you - it can get you used to talking, get you some initial feedback, and hopefully help you feel more prepared.

I hope this helps - and best of luck with your interview,

Rowan
Welcome to the official thread for those people who are thinking about applying to the University of Salford for 2023 entry :smile:

You can meet and chat to other applicants here, and us and our wonderful Student Reps will be on hand to answer any questions you might have!

So…let’s start with some icebreakers….

What course(s) are you (thinking of) applying for?

What subjects are you currently studying?

Where are you from?

Anything else you’d like to share?

Good luck with your applications :bumps:

Hi,

I’m looking to stay in peel park in September and am just wondering if there is a date/week it looks like booking will open? Sorry if it has been asked before I just know it’s supposed to be early spring. Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I’m looking to stay in peel park in September and am just wondering if there is a date/week it looks like booking will open? Sorry if it has been asked before I just know it’s supposed to be early spring. Thank you!

Hi there!

Thanks for getting in touch :smile:

The exact date for when Peel Park Quarter accommodation opens for booking hasn't been confirmed just yet, but we're expecting it to be later this month.

If you're holding an offer with us then we'll email you to let you know more about the booking process - so keep an eye on your inbox and spam/junk folder for updates!

I hope that helps, but just drop us a message if you've any other questions.

Lizzie
Has anyone heard back about the Diagnostic Radiography yet? I had my interview 12 weeks ago hahaha
Has anyone heard back about the Diagnostic Radiography yet? I had my interview 12 weeks ago hahaha

Hey @Georgina87,

It’s really normal not to have heard back yet, so try not to worry too much (I know, I know easier said than done :biggrin:), as it can take up until the end of April-May for you to find out.

We will absolutely make sure you have a decision the deadline though (18th May), so that you have all the information you need to make your firm and insurance choices by the 8th June :smile:

I hope this helps please just let us know if you have any other questions,

Rowan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending