The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Official Keele University 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Adraycott
Hi, ive applied for physics at keele back in december and haven’t heard anything back yet, has anyone heard anything?

I applied mid oct and got an offer for physics about 3weeks later (early nov)… is it straight physics or other? Mine was for physics/astrophysics.
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Mine was straight physics, I got the email to say they received my application but thats all I’ve heard. I applied around december 4th i think?
Mine was straight physics, I got the email to say they received my application but thats all I’ve heard. I applied around december 4th i think?

Fingers crossed you’ll hear shortly - they were closed over Xmas so May hear soon. I’ve not had email for offer holder day either and it’s next month the first one. Let me know when you hear.

Maybe you’ll hear soon then - fingers crossed. They were closed over Xmas so may catch up. I’ve not had an email for offer holder day and first one is next month.
Original post by Anonymous
Fingers crossed you’ll hear shortly - they were closed over Xmas so May hear soon. I’ve not had email for offer holder day either and it’s next month the first one. Let me know when you hear.

Hoping so!! Thank you for the info, hopefully we’ll both hear soon :smile:
Hi, ive applied for physics at keele back in december and haven’t heard anything back yet, has anyone heard anything?

Hi @Adraycott,

Please don't worry! As I'm sure you can appreciate, our admissions team are very busy at the moment. They had a short (and well-deserved!) break over Christmas and New Year, prior to which they were prioritising January admissions, so the likelihood is that they just haven't fully processed your application yet and it is being worked on.

There's some guidance about the admissions process at Keele on our website at https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/apply/. If you look there, you'll see that the 'equal consideration' deadline for the majority our our courses (with the exception of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine courses) is not until 25 January 2023. So you might not see offers materialising until after this date.

You're welcome to contact admissions to follow up on your application (you can find their contact details at the bottom of the admissions FAQ page: https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/underg...dmissionsfaqs/) if you're really concerned but I would suggest giving it a few more weeks until after the early consideration deadline has passed.

We appreciate how nerve-wracking the wait for an offer can be but please be assured that the team are back in the office and are processing applications as quickly as possible.

Hope that helps!

Amy Louise :smile:
PhD Candidate & Student Ambassador, Keele University
I had an interview on Monday for Physiotherapy at Keele, does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after interview?
Hi
I've applied for Biology in Keele. I am an international student with dual citizenship (UK being one) and I've never lived in the UK. I received an email for a reply to my Fee Assessment Form saying I am classified as a home fees paying student as I meet the criteria for home fees on UKCISA. However, I am classified as an international fees paying student in the other universities I have applied to.
Is this an admin error and should I email them about it?
Original post by willyw0nka
Hi
I've applied for Biology in Keele. I am an international student with dual citizenship (UK being one) and I've never lived in the UK. I received an email for a reply to my Fee Assessment Form saying I am classified as a home fees paying student as I meet the criteria for home fees on UKCISA. However, I am classified as an international fees paying student in the other universities I have applied to.
Is this an admin error and should I email them about it?

Hi @willyw0nka,

Yes, probably best to clarify with the admissions team as there's a number of factors that they can consider when looking at the fee status for dual-nationals. You can contact them by emailing [email protected] or phoning +44 (0)1782 734010.

Best Wishes,

Amy Louise :smile:
Student Ambassador, Keele University
Original post by C_wordy
I had an interview on Monday for Physiotherapy at Keele, does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after interview?

Hi @C_wordy,

There isn't really a set response time as it will depend upon a number of factors e.g., the number of applications to the course, whether interviews are still being conducted (and how long for) etc.

The best thing to do is to keep checking in regularly with both the applicant portal and your emails for updates as the admissions team will be in contact with all applicants regarding course decisions as soon as possible.

Sorry I can't be more specific!

Amy Louise
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Keele University for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

I have applied to keele for international relations and politics
Original post by Geochristo
I have applied to keele for international relations and politics

Hi @Geochristo,

It's great to hear that you're thinking of coming to Keele! If you've got any questions about life at Keele, feel free to drop them in this thread and I'll do my best to answer them :smile:

Amy Louise
PhD Candidate & Student Ambassador, Keele University
Original post by Keele Postgraduate
Hi @C_wordy,

There isn't really a set response time as it will depend upon a number of factors e.g., the number of applications to the course, whether interviews are still being conducted (and how long for) etc.

The best thing to do is to keep checking in regularly with both the applicant portal and your emails for updates as the admissions team will be in contact with all applicants regarding course decisions as soon as possible.

Sorry I can't be more specific!

Amy Louise

Thank you, I ended up hearing on the Wednesday evening so only two days later!
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Keele University for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

hey, I applied for paramedic science at keele back in December and I'm still yet to hear anything, does anyone know roughly how long they take to respond?
Original post by charlotte11849
hey, I applied for paramedic science at keele back in December and I'm still yet to hear anything, does anyone know roughly how long they take to respond?

Hi @charlotte11849,

Traditionally, it can take a little longer for admissions to medical courses. Partly this is because they are amongst our most popular courses - so there are more applications to review - and partly because there may be more parameters to consider when assessing the application.

As far as I am aware, the admissions team are working to all UCAS deadlines so you should hopefully hear off us soon. We advise applicants to make sure they check their applicant portal and emails (including spam/junk folders) regularly to ensure they don't miss any comms from us. And you're always welcome to contact admissions (https://www.keele.ac.uk/about/contactus/) with any queries!

Hope that helps!

Amy Louise
Has anyone else got an offer for BUSINESS MANAGEMENT AND PSYCHOLOGY?
I am close to accepting Keele University as my firm offer, and I was just wondering how the accommodation is shared with other people. Is it generally that first years have a "living hall" to themselves, or is there an older student (E.g a third-year student) there as well? I know that in some other unis, they have halls of 8, which have 7 first years and 1 older year as a sort of mentor. Many thanks :smile:
Original post by B00thie
I am close to accepting Keele University as my firm offer, and I was just wondering how the accommodation is shared with other people. Is it generally that first years have a "living hall" to themselves, or is there an older student (E.g a third-year student) there as well? I know that in some other unis, they have halls of 8, which have 7 first years and 1 older year as a sort of mentor. Many thanks :smile:

Hi @B00thie,

Typically we try to house first years with other first years wherever possible.

I've never lived in halls myself but I spoke to one of my colleagues who has and she advised that, when she lived in halls in her first year, the accommodation team sent out a brief questionnaire to help match you up with students with similar interests. It's obviously not an exact science but the team try make sure that you were accommodated with people you'll fit in with.

In terms of mentors, we have what are known as Residence Advisors (RAs) in each of our halls of residence. RAs are full-time Keele Students who live in our campus accommodation and are trained to provide information, guidance and welfare support to students who call Keele campus their home.

Each halls of residence has its own team of RAs and they can offer help and support with all sorts of issues, including settling in and homesickness, getting to know others in your halls, and getting involved in university life more widely. They are also there to help resolve the sort of issues that can occasionally arise as part of communal living (flatmate disagreements, noise disturbances etc.). Essentially, they are that listening ear when you need someone to talk to!

Because they're based in halls, RAs are on hand overnight on weekdays, and 24 hours at weekends and on bank holidays. They work as part of a wider RA team and are supported by Keele staff. You can find out more about them at https://www.keele.ac.uk/students/residencelife/residencelifeteam/.

Hope that helps! :smile:

Amy Louise
Thanks a lot! that's super helpful and just what I wanted to hear! :smile:
Original post by Keele Postgraduate
Hi @B00thie,

Typically we try to house first years with other first years wherever possible.

I've never lived in halls myself but I spoke to one of my colleagues who has and she advised that, when she lived in halls in her first year, the accommodation team sent out a brief questionnaire to help match you up with students with similar interests. It's obviously not an exact science but the team try make sure that you were accommodated with people you'll fit in with.

In terms of mentors, we have what are known as Residence Advisors (RAs) in each of our halls of residence. RAs are full-time Keele Students who live in our campus accommodation and are trained to provide information, guidance and welfare support to students who call Keele campus their home.

Each halls of residence has its own team of RAs and they can offer help and support with all sorts of issues, including settling in and homesickness, getting to know others in your halls, and getting involved in university life more widely. They are also there to help resolve the sort of issues that can occasionally arise as part of communal living (flatmate disagreements, noise disturbances etc.). Essentially, they are that listening ear when you need someone to talk to!

Because they're based in halls, RAs are on hand overnight on weekdays, and 24 hours at weekends and on bank holidays. They work as part of a wider RA team and are supported by Keele staff. You can find out more about them at https://www.keele.ac.uk/students/residencelife/residencelifeteam/.

Hope that helps! :smile:

Amy Louise
I'll be starting in September and will be doing Environment and Sustainability, anyone else?
Re accommodation, are the rooms in Holly Cross and The Oaks identical, and are any of the Halls classed as 'party halls'?

Quick Reply

Latest