The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Friends at Keele

Hello, I am almost positive I want to accept my offer to Keele but it’s honestly really far from home and I’m scared I won’t make friends as I’ve always been shy, does anyone who goes there or is going there able to give some advice?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello, I am almost positive I want to accept my offer to Keele but it’s honestly really far from home and I’m scared I won’t make friends as I’ve always been shy, does anyone who goes there or is going there able to give some advice?

Hi,

It's really great to hear that you're wanting to accept your offer to come to Keele. We understand how daunting it can feel about moving away from home to start your University journey and we do our best to make you feel welcome and at home. There are plenty of opportunities for you to make friends when you arrive here. There's usually activities taking place throughout Welcome Week that you can take part in, plus you'll be able to find out information about the different clubs and societies we have on campus. One of our students has written a blog about this which you can read here.

Here is some additional information about Keele including links to sections on our website which you may find useful. At Keele, we excel in both teaching and research, and our beautiful self-contained 600-acre campus has everything on your doorstep, with student accommodation, teaching buildings, restaurants and cafés, a sports centre, bars, and a medical centre all within just a few minutes’ walk. You might want to take a look at our Why Keele? page for more info, and our Study pages contain lots of information for anyone interested in studying with us.
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Hi guys anyone knows of a student planning to live in stoke on trnt looking for an accommodation near Staffordshire University ?
There is one available asap
Hi there!
I'm planning to study at Keele for 2024 entry!
If you decide to go to Keele then would you like to be friends? :biggrin:
Reply 4
first year here, i was in a very similar position, usually you make friends based on your modules and classes, finding you usually hang out more after classes, especially when making presentations. Also societies is a very easy way to make friends based on interests as well.
Heyaa, I’ve accepted my offer for keele and I’m also really far away, I’m in the exact same boat as you so you aren’t alone
Same boat here, frankly I'm an absolute plank with people. I was looking to see if there was a discord server or something to preempitvely know people at least a bit before going to Keele

Quick Reply

Latest