The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Official Keele University 2024 Applicants thread

Hi! :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Keele University for 2024!

Meet and chat to other future Keeleites and squirrel lovers :rave:

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the a big list of all other applicant threads for 2024 here.

Good luck! :bl:

Scroll to see replies

@Keele University @Keele Rep, let me know if you'd like me to transfer ownership of the thread to yourselves. :hat2:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Keele University for 2024!

Ice breaker questions:

I am thinking of applying for medicine at Keele
Original post by akky2024
I am thinking of applying for medicine at Keele

Awesome, not long to go before med deadline.

Any questions I can help answer? :rave:
Original post by 04MR17
Awesome, not long to go before med deadline.

Any questions I can help answer? :rave:

Hi, I am thinking of applying to keele this year. Just wondering what is their
UCAT cut off or any decile information
Approximate numbers called for interviews?
How can we calculate points for the personal statement?
I have a UCAT of 2760 and band 2, do you think I have a decent chance? My predicted grades is A*AA and I have 6 GCSEs A*s
Thanks in advance
Original post by Anonymous
I have a UCAT of 2760 and band 2, do you think I have a decent chance? My predicted grades is A*AA and I have 6 GCSEs A*s
Thanks in advance

If I don't reply to this by the end of tomorrow, please let me know
Sure thanks
Just to add to that I actually have 8 A* and 1 A GCSE
Original post by 04MR17
If I don't reply to this by the end of tomorrow, please let me know

Any input is appreciated. Is there a calculator to calculate their scoring system
Thanks in advance

Sure thanks
Just to add to that I actually have 8 A* and 1 A GCSE

There is no set cut off in advance.
They use UCAT quintiles as follows:
https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/medicine/medicinehowtoapply/#shortlisting
2750 is likely to be the top 1 or 2 quintiles from my research, so 5 or 4 points there, plus 1 point for being band 2 brings you to 5-6/10.
If you qualify for contextual offers there's another point, or if you're from the Keele region or receiving the UCAT bursary.

You can't calculate points for the personal statement, full guidance here. But the points will be awarded based on this criteria:
a) Awareness of the roles of a doctor within the healthcare team, community and society
b) Ability to engage meaningfully with people who have some need of care, support and/or help
c) Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people
d) Willingness to take on responsibility and fulfil it to the best of your ability
e) Ability to maintain one or more significant activities alongside your academic studies over a prolonged period
f) Evidence of having made a positive difference to another person’s life
Plus commitment to the values of the NHS

I don't have easy access to interview data.

The Keele Medicine entry thread 2024 is here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7388788
Original post by 04MR17
@Keele University @Keele Rep, let me know if you'd like me to transfer ownership of the thread to yourselves. :hat2:

Yes that'd be great thanks :smile:
Is there anyone applying for Pharmacology/with Foundation Year?
Reply 11
I’m thinking of applying for law and politics, but when I went to check the course on my UCAS favourite’s list it said the course had been removed. However, it’s still on my “Your choices” section, and I can still view the course when I search for it. Is this happening to any one else? Is the course still available to apply for 2024?
Original post by Lexa!!
I’m thinking of applying for law and politics, but when I went to check the course on my UCAS favourite’s list it said the course had been removed. However, it’s still on my “Your choices” section, and I can still view the course when I search for it. Is this happening to any one else? Is the course still available to apply for 2024?

Law and politics?
Or Law with politics?
https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/lawwithpolitics/
Reply 13

Law with politics - sorry for the confusion. I’ve found the course on their site previously (though thank you for your help), my main issue is with the UCAS display of the course as this is what is displayed when I attempt to add the course to favourites. IMG_0264.jpeg
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Lexa!!
Law with politics - sorry for the confusion. I’ve found the course on their site previously (though thank you for your help), my main issue is with the UCAS display of the course as this is what is displayed when I attempt to add the course to favourites. IMG_0264.jpeg

Does it appear in the UCAS course search at all?
Reply 15
Original post by 04MR17
Does it appear in the UCAS course search at all?

It does, and I’ve previously added it to my five choices which is still displayed. I can view the course on UCAS, the main issue is adding it to favourites. I’m probably being paranoid - I just don’t want to waste one of my five options if the course isn’t being offered.
Original post by Lexa!!
It does, and I’ve previously added it to my five choices which is still displayed. I can view the course on UCAS, the main issue is adding it to favourites. I’m probably being paranoid - I just don’t want to waste one of my five options if the course isn’t being offered.

It will be offered if it's on UCAS search, sounds like it's a bug on the favourites feature is all.
Reply 17
Original post by 04MR17
It will be offered if it's on UCAS search, sounds like it's a bug on the favourites feature is all.

Oh okay! Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by Lexa!!
Oh okay! Thank you so much :smile:

That's strange @Lexa!! I agree it might be a bug in the UCAS system - the course page is definitely live on UCAS and our own website. Glad to hear you're interested in studying at Keele - hope you can make it to an Open Day if you've not already been to one! :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Keele University

Ice breaker questions:

Hi, I have gotten an interview invitation but it was on very short notice. I got shortlisted yesterday and my interview is in a week. I have applied for adult nursing but I can't seem to find clearly if the interview will be MMI or panel etc.

Quick Reply

Latest