The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Dissertation

Hi guys I’m starting my dissertation as a final year civil engineering student but I am slightly confused, so I am doing my research on ‘the sustainability of building houses using timber frame’. My question I want to ask is can I base my entire research on literature review and collect secondary data only as there is a lot of information already there
Original post by Hamzarafique15
Hi guys I’m starting my dissertation as a final year civil engineering student but I am slightly confused, so I am doing my research on ‘the sustainability of building houses using timber frame’. My question I want to ask is can I base my entire research on literature review and collect secondary data only as there is a lot of information already there

Hi @Hamzarafique15

The best person to speak to about this would be your dissertation tutor or module leader as whether you're able to take a secondary data only approach will come down to the marking criteria and specifications for the module.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Gurpreet - NTU Rep
(edited 1 year ago)
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

I can't exactly help with your issue, but I'd like to ask a question. Are these dissertations ones that you have to 'defend' against a council? Or is it something that you submit and receive marks on?

Hello, I am Dr. Philip. Yes, You can do a systematic review thou you will need to seek permision from your supervisor. Some of the supervisors may not accept

Yeah, mine was just secondary research. Makes it easier with secondary research and doesn’t mean that you will get a lower grade either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending