The Student Room Group

2023 entry thread for PHYSICS

Here is the official 2023 entry thread for PHYSICS

Where are you applying ?

When did you apply ?

What qualifications / subects you are taking ?

Which Open Days have you been to ?

Favourite Uni - and why ?

Please update with OFFERS when you get them.
Hey!
1) Mathematics (Maths with Physics option) - University of Cambridge, BSc Physics with Theoretical Physics - Imperial College London, BSc Mathematics and Physics - UCL, Edinburgh, Warwick
2) 14th October 2022
3) Cambridge International (CIE) A levels - Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, AS level English
4) Some virtual open days for Cambridge
5) Cambridge and Imperial - Both extremely strong in theoretical physics, both prestigious, both in lovely cities.
Original post by McGinger

Where are you applying ?

When did you apply ?

heyy
1) phyics bsc at manchester, bsc physics sussex (offer), bsc physics w/ study abroad exeter (offer), physics w/ study abroad edinburgh, nat sci cambridge (flopped nsaa so i dont expect an interview lol)
2)i applied on the 9th october
3)alevel maths, physics, art, epq
4) i went to manchester and exeter open days
5) manchester i just love the course !!!
1) - Physics Mphys - university of Bath, Durham. University, university of Edinburgh, university of Bristol
- Theoretical physics Mphys - Lancaster University.
2) 9th November
3) A level Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
4) only Durham and really liked the city.
5) Bath - really like the look of the city and really like that it’s a campus uni

Offers - Only Bristol so far
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Oll1925
1) - Physics Mphys - university of Bath, Durham. University, university of Edinburgh, university of Bristol
2) 9th November
5) Bath - really like the look of the city and really like that it’s a campus uni

If you get chance to go on an offer day at Lancaster its worth it. The olde buildings have character and then thers the castle and williamson park. My eldest studies physics, particle physics and cosmology at Lancaster and is a 3rd year student there. The campus is about 15 min bus from the city, but the buses run around every 10 mins. And most students live in the city for 2 year and above, but the option is there to be back on campus if you like to return there. Lancaster felt so safe too. Quite often she would come back at 1am -2am from the library to her halls and its well lit with good security. And its one of the lower crime rates as well in the city. Everyone studies physics at year 1 so you will be sharing a lecture theatre with about 200 others, but will also have smaller seminars and workshops and labs. Then after first year you will still do some main physics and maths, but have options and they will be smaller classes. Third year is smaller still. Her particle physics is about 30 students. She did do two internships with the uni. first year she offered to volunteer which she did, and second year was a paid one in proton decay.
Reply 5
Has anyone got offers from Imperial for Bsc physics with Theoretical physics for 2023 entry.? Have offers from Bath, UCL waiting to hear from Imperial and King’s.
Original post by McGinger

Where are you applying ?

When did you apply ?

Atoms are composed of protons, Nutrons and electrons in different proportions. What matter are we standing on? This Question first occurred to me in high school. Are we standing on the whole atom or the huge spaces between the atoms or the proton or Nutron or Electron.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous(
Hey!
1) Mathematics (Maths with Physics option) - University of Cambridge, BSc Physics with Theoretical Physics - Imperial College London, BSc Mathematics and Physics - UCL, Edinburgh, Warwick
2) 14th October 2022
3) Cambridge International (CIE) A levels - Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, AS level English
4) Some virtual open days for Cambridge
5) Cambridge and Imperial - Both extremely strong in theoretical physics, both prestigious, both in lovely cities.

I need an update on which uni you went to?
Reply 8
Original post by alishayas
I need an update on which uni you went to?

Rejected from Cam (post interview), Imp, and UCL. Firmed Warwick, insured Edin.
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Oll1925
2) 9th November

Hi @Oll1925

If you have any questions about Physics at Lancaster let me know :smile:

- Tineke
Lancaster Student Ambassador
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 10
Bath Clearing page = https://www.bath.ac.uk/campaigns/clearing/

Home student courses in Clearing include ....

Physics

Physics with Astrophysics

Physics with Theoretical Physics

Mathematics and Physics

How did you all do? My son got an A in Physics (OCR B). Thankfully got a much needed A* in maths so he can study Physics at University of Bath.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending