The Student Room Group

Revision tips

Hi, I'm student at uni, and I would like to request for some advices please. I want to motivate myself to be able to spend more time revising. At the moment I spend my whole day playing ps5 and being very unproductive.

Does anyone have any tips for improving focus for revision?🙏🏻
Original post by xD13232
Hi, I'm student at uni, and I would like to request for some advices please. I want to motivate myself to be able to spend more time revising. At the moment I spend my whole day playing ps5 and being very unproductive.

Does anyone have any tips for improving focus for revision?🙏🏻

Heyy @xD13232 :biggrin:

As a person who also struggles with time management and motivation, I can very much relate to your problems :tongue:. Over the course of my undergrad at the University of Suffolk, I learned that two changes in my routine drastically increased my productivity and efficiency with revising and doing uni work :smile:.

Two Tips for Being More Productive:

1. Changing your environment. A big thing with being able to do work is putting yourself in an environment where all you can focus on is your work. For example, I found it very useful to do my uni work in the library or social space because I see other students doing the same thing which encourages me to get started with my due work.

2. Interval Study Times. I follow this very strict routine of 2-3 hours straight of no phone, social media, and video games so that I can hyperfocus on my work. If I am successful in doing my work or had made some progress in those 2 hours I normally reward myself with either a 25-minute break or a power nap of an hour and a half to get my mind to reset.

These are just some tips that you may want to incorporate into your daily life as a student because it certainly was a help for me. Especially, when it came to assessment weeks when everything would just be due in for submission.

I do hope this was of some help to you :biggrin:.
Derrick
I have been in a similar situation and it took me three years of uni to realise that the reason why I was procrastinating my study was because I wasn't engaging in the right forms of learning for my learner type. I discovered I was an auditory learner and so writing out pages of notes was never going to help me to retain information, hence why I started avoiding it - it was pointless! I started using a free study app during my lectures called Jamworks which essentially recorded my notes for me in short clips, and then I listen back to these to absorb the information! It's great because I can do this pretty much anywhere, whilst im making food, on a walk etc so it doesnt even feel like im revising at all yet im learning things so much quicker! I would definitely try and figure out what type of learner you are and if you're auditory like me, give Jamworks a try!
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending