The Student Room Group

Advice for a friend in need of information regarding tuition in Scotland !!!

Hi , I am asking on behalf of my partner who currently lives in England (11+yearsnow) who is wanting to come move permanently to Scotland to study a course in university. They have a settled status and a EU passport and citizenship as they were not born in the UK, we both have researched loads and tried contacting saas for help as the website regarding tuition fees and funding is too complicated to read through personally. Does anyone know if he would have to pay tuition fees or would it be covered as Scotland does cover students fees?? Any help would be greatly appreciated !
as far as I know...u need to be an ordinarily resident..meaning Scotland is your home ..u r living a life here for at least 3years prior to studies....since u have a settled status in the uk..I think saas will cover your tution...u will not get tuition paid if u r here just to study..in this case u might have to take a student loan to pay for your tuition...hope this helps
Reply 2
As far as I know you would have had to be living in Scotland for 3 years prior to you starting studies here. SFE may cover you but you would have to pay it back whether you choose a uni in England or Scotland.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending