The Student Room Group

SAAS eligibility - pre-reg diagnostic radiography masters

I'm finding it hard to find much information on the SAAS website about this so im hoping someone can help!

I already have an undergraduate integrated masters degree, which as far as im aware stops me from applying for any postgrad loans. However, I would like to retrain as a diagnostic radiographer using the 2 year pre-registration radiography masters courses that are available.

I am just wondering if anyone here knows if I would be eligible for funding? It says on the SAAS website that they will fully fund the first 2 years of an AHP undergrad degree, and ive seen on some university's sites (derby uni) that the pre-reg masters course goes against your undergrad loans and not post grad loans (this is in England but im assuming it would also be the same in Scotland)? its all very confusing and I cant find any concrete statements on the SAAS website.

Thank you!!
Original post by gwynmor1234
I'm finding it hard to find much information on the SAAS website about this so im hoping someone can help!

I already have an undergraduate integrated masters degree, which as far as im aware stops me from applying for any postgrad loans. However, I would like to retrain as a diagnostic radiographer using the 2 year pre-registration radiography masters courses that are available.

I am just wondering if anyone here knows if I would be eligible for funding? It says on the SAAS website that they will fully fund the first 2 years of an AHP undergrad degree, and ive seen on some university's sites (derby uni) that the pre-reg masters course goes against your undergrad loans and not post grad loans (this is in England but im assuming it would also be the same in Scotland)? its all very confusing and I cant find any concrete statements on the SAAS website.

Thank you!!

I think you need to call or email SAAS to clarify this as it isn't very clear on the SAAS website. Just to note that if you are eligible for funding from SAAS but you want to study one of the courses in England, then you would be able to apply to the NHS Learning Support Fund for an additional annual training grant of £6,000 per year:

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund-lsf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending