The Student Room Group

Help needed from a computer science student in birmingham or at Aston university

Hi, I'm looking for any students studying computer science in Aston university or just computer science in general in birmingham or anywhere in UK. - I'll be starting my course soon and I have tons of questions.

Anyone studying or studied computer science in general - what kind of laptop will I need for this course? Is there any specific qualifications that I need to look for in a laptop?
Reply 1
I’m an engineering student in UoB, but I’m transferring to CS next year. I have many friends in CS though, and most of them seem to use a macbook. However, there’s no specific kind of laptop you will need since most of the programs they use in CS are compatible with both macs and windows.
Reply 2
Original post by sk0917
I’m an engineering student in UoB, but I’m transferring to CS next year. I have many friends in CS though, and most of them seem to use a macbook. However, there’s no specific kind of laptop you will need since most of the programs they use in CS are compatible with both macs and windows.

Hi, thanks for answering! I have another question though - you said most programs are compatible with both mac and windows but what about the storage - what is the ideal storage capacity I should look for in a laptop for computer science?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending