The Student Room Group

Revision techniques

I don’t know how to revise I revise like more than 3hrs a day and my revision method is like takin notes but I don’t know if it really works for me And my a levels are bio,chemistry,and psychology and also I want to know how to revise for eng lang as well I don’t think takin notes and flash cards works for me pls help!!
Original post by Sindu_07
I don’t know how to revise I revise like more than 3hrs a day and my revision method is like takin notes but I don’t know if it really works for me And my a levels are bio,chemistry,and psychology and also I want to know how to revise for eng lang as

hello!!! i feel the best way to revise ( for me) is using the following method:
- make notes for 15 mins on a certain topic
-then for 30-40 mins practice exam q' s on the topic. then compile a diary or folder of good exam questions ranging from 1/2 markers to 20 markers.

alternatively, you could study using the blurting method. the way to do this is by writing down everything you know regarding a certain topic. then, see the gaps in your knowledge and fill them either through mind maps, flashcards and then practice exam questions.
it's vital you practice exam questions and review them especially for biology as there are a lot of questions that you have a set answer for. practice memorising certain key terms and answers from mark schemes and see what the examiner is looking for.

i hope this helps!!!🙂🙂
Original post by tania bee
hello!!! i feel the best way to revise ( for me) is using the following method:- make notes for 15 mins on a certain topic-then for 30-40 mins practice exam q' s on the topic. then compile a diary or folder of good exam questions ranging from 1/2 markers to 20 markers.
alternatively, you could study using the blurting method. the way to do this is by writing down everything you know regarding a certain topic. then, see the gaps in your knowledge and fill them either through mind maps, flashcards and then practice exam questions.it's vital you practice exam questions and review them especially for biology as there are a lot of questions that you have a set answer for. practice memorising certain key terms and answers from mark schemes and see what the examiner is looking for.
i hope this helps!!!🙂

also i'd recommend taking a quiz online to see what kind of learner you are. perhaps you are a visual or auditory learner. In this case you may learn better by practically watching videos on topics or by listening to lectures. For English lit, Masso lit has excellent lectures.

hope this helps
Reply 3
hello!!! i feel the best way to revise ( for me) is using the following method:
- make notes for 15 mins on a certain topic
-then for 30-40 mins practice exam q' s on the topic. then compile a diary or folder of good exam questions ranging from 1/2 markers to 20 markers.

alternatively, you could study using the blurting method. the way to do this is by writing down everything you know regarding a certain topic. then, see the gaps in your knowledge and fill them either through mind maps, flashcards and then practice exam questions.
it's vital you practice exam questions and review them especially for biology as there are a lot of questions that you have a set answer for. practice memorising certain key terms and answers from mark schemes and see what the examiner is looking for.

i hope this helps!!!🙂🙂

Thank you it’s really helpful,it’s just too much content to revise which I feel like takin notes will waste/consume a lot of my time
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
also i'd recommend taking a quiz online to see what kind of learner you are. perhaps you are a visual or auditory learner. In this case you may learn better by practically watching videos on topics or by listening to lectures. For English lit, Masso lit has excellent lectures.

hope this helps

I just did my quiz and it turned out to be an auditory learner which I think it’s quite true as I’m good at observing,and listening.Anyways thank you for your concern

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending