The Student Room Group
Student visits the library, University Campus Suffolk
University of Suffolk
Ipswich
Visit website

University of Suffolk - Bsc dental hygiene and therapy

I have recently applied for dental hygiene and therapy at university of Suffolk.
I wanted to ask how long it takes to hear back for this course ?
They are first university choice, but I’m a little worried my predicted grades are under the minimum requirements, do I still have chance of getting in ?
If not, Is there a way to do foundation year first ?
Lastly, could a dental student perhaps tell what the course is like (a day in a life), I’ve always been interested in dental therapy and hygiene and I’m really curious!

Would appreciate if any of these questions could get an answer and hope I get accepted 😁

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kasoheva
I have recently applied for dental hygiene and therapy at university of Suffolk.
They are first university choice, but I’m a little worried my predicted grades are under the minimum requirements, do I still have chance of getting in ?
Lastly, could a dental student perhaps tell what the course is like (a day in a life), I’ve always been interested in dental therapy and hygiene and I’m really curious!

Would appreciate if any of these questions could get an answer and hope I get accepted 😁

Hi, Solomon from the University of Suffolk here!

First of all, I'm glad that Suffolk is your first choice and I hope that you manage to secure a place!

The Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy course is a brand new course for us so unfortunately you won't find any previous students to answer your question. That does however mean that you get the exciting opportunity to be part of the first cohort to study with our brand new clinical facilities, and the first dental cohort in Suffolk! Have you applied for the February intake or the September intake do you know?

The course does not begin until early 2024 so you may have a while to wait. Our admissions team will be in touch with you though I can assure you of that. If you'd like to get a response sooner then feel free to give admissions a call on:
01473 338348
Alternatively you can email them at: [email protected]

I hope you get accepted too, good luck!

- Solomon (English graduate from the University of Suffolk)
Student visits the library, University Campus Suffolk
University of Suffolk
Ipswich
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, thank you so much for replying back to my message.
And I have applied for September 2023?
Does the course run for 2023 in September or mid 2024?
Is their any other advice or information about this course that you could give me?
Kind regards
Heva 😊

I have applied too and not heard anything yet, I don't think they do a foundation year
Reply 4
Original post by Meganx_halil
I have applied too and not heard anything yet, I don't think they do a foundation year

Yeah I don’t think they do either. The course is knew therefore it’s going to start next year 2024 that’s what the university said to me. Even though I applied for the September 2023 one.
Hi, thank you so much for replying back to my message.
And I have applied for September 2023?
Does the course run for 2023 in September or mid 2024?
Is their any other advice or information about this course that you could give me?
Kind regards
Heva 😊

Hi, Sol from the University of Suffolk again :smile:

The first intake for the course is in February 2024, I apologise if you had been under the impression that our first intake was in September! I can tell you that the first year of the course will establish a foundation in Biomedical sciences and clinical skills in a simulated setting, whilst the second and third years will provide you with the opportunity to work on clinical placements, and you will be introduced to dental specialities and be able to to garner appreciation of their local and global context. You will be encouraged to foster competence in technical, and leadership skills through project based learning.

More information can be found on the course homepage here: Course Homepage

I once again wish you the best of luck with your application!

Thanks,
Solomon
Reply 6
Hi! I have an interview in June for feb entry 2024 for DHT, has anyone else heard back too? I’ve seen another thread of offer holders but confused how they’ve already got offers a week ago if interviews are in June? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by dl6788
Hi! I have an interview in June for feb entry 2024 for DHT, has anyone else heard back too? I’ve seen another thread of offer holders but confused how they’ve already got offers a week ago if interviews are in June? :smile:

Hi there! I have an interview in June too :smile: when’s yours?
Original post by dl6788

Hiya! Sol from the University of Suffolk here. The dental team are holding interviews throughout this year so those who have already received offers have already had their interviews.I wish you the best of luck with your interview in June! Feel free to update this forum with how it goes if you'd like to!

- Sol, University of Suffolk Graduate.

Why did you pick suffolk as your first choice may i ask
Original post by Kayyy30
Hi there! I have an interview in June too :smile: when’s yours?

How did it go and was the interview in person 🙂
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous #2
How did it go and was the interview in person 🙂

Hi!
Yes it is was in person and honestly it was really chill. There’s a group task where you’re interviewed with around 3/4 other people and there’s also an individual interview which is kindaaa intense cuz there’s like a lot of questions and you have a couple of minutes to answer each as it is timed! But the interviewers were really lovely.
I actually just received an offer today 🙂
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Kayyy30
Hi!
Yes it is was in person and honestly it was really chill. There’s a group task where you’re interviewed with around 3/4 other people and there’s also an individual interview which is kindaaa intense cuz there’s like a lot of questions and you have a couple of minutes to answer each as it is timed! But the interviewers were really lovely.

Congratulations! Is that for Feb 2024 or Feb 2025?
Reply 13
Original post by Meganx_halil
Original post by Kayyy30
Hi!

Congratulations! Is that for Feb 2024 or Feb 2025?

Thank you! It’s for Feb 2024 :smile: i dont think they hqve intake for feb 2025, pretty sure its going to be just september
Reply 14
Hiya,
I have just applied for DHT on the 24th of Jan for Suffolk for the 2024 September start.
Do you know when they will be handing out interviews for this course?
Reply 15
Has anyone heard anything from Suffolk for DHT September 2024 start?
Original post by Adi22A
Has anyone heard anything from Suffolk for DHT September 2024 start?
Hie i have been invited for an interview on the 19th March.
Reply 17
Original post by Nexxyprixxy8,
Hie i have been invited for an interview on the 19th March.
When did you hear back from them ?
How did y'all write your personal statement like what things did you include x
Original post by Adi22A
When did you hear back from them ?
I also have an interview on the 19th March I received my invite on the 1st March

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending