The Student Room Group

Dental hygiene and therapy 2024 applications

Hi, I have applied for dental hygiene and therapy for 2024 entry at birmingham, bristol, cardiff, plymouth and suffolk. I was just wondering if anyone has heard back from any of the unis listed for dental hygiene? I applied in november and havent heard back yet so was just wondering if anyone else has

Scroll to see replies

Original post by z1469288
Hi, I have applied for dental hygiene and therapy for 2024 entry at birmingham, bristol, cardiff, plymouth and suffolk. I was just wondering if anyone has heard back from any of the unis listed for dental hygiene? I applied in november and havent heard back yet so was just wondering if anyone else has

NOPE I APPLIED IN JANUARY I’m REALLY SCARED
Reply 2

nope same I applied in nov for UoB, bristol, manchester, kcl and qmul. are you alvl student?
Reply 3
Original post by chewy06
nope same I applied in nov for UoB, bristol, manchester, kcl and qmul. are you alvl student?

No. I am currently in year 13 at college but I am studying a BTEC course in applied science. Its basically physics, chemistry and biology but its exams and coursework. What subjects are you doing?
Reply 4

I haven’t for any universities and Leeds haven’t come back to me
Reply 5
No. I am currently in year 13 at college but I am studying a BTEC course in applied science. Its basically physics, chemistry and biology but its exams and coursework. What subjects are you doing?

ohh yeah my friend does btec applied science, i do bio chem psych
Reply 6
Original post by chewy06

Oh thats cool. Yeah I was originally going to do bio, chem and psych as alevels but I couldnt because my gcse results were low due to personal reasons so I basically had no choice to do btec applied science. I actually wanted to do dentistry with those alevels but because i do btec i cant so i have to do dental hygiene and i might do dentistry post grad then
Reply 7
Has anyone heard anything back from Birmingham, for dental hygiene and therapy 2024 entry?
Reply 8
Original post by Adi22A
Has anyone heard anything back from Birmingham, for dental hygiene and therapy 2024 entry?

No
Have you
Reply 9
No
Have you

No, I haven’t even received a confirmation email saying they have received my application
Oh thats cool. Yeah I was originally going to do bio, chem and psych as alevels but I couldnt because my gcse results were low due to personal reasons so I basically had no choice to do btec applied science. I actually wanted to do dentistry with those alevels but because i do btec i cant so i have to do dental hygiene and i might do dentistry post grad then

You can still do dentistry with btecs there are universities that take them. But with low gcse grades it wouldn’t be possible I guess
Original post by Adi22A
No, I haven’t even received a confirmation email saying they have received my application

Same I applied to them and haven’t heard anything at all compared to the other schools I applied to

Hii ! I’ve also applied I heard back from Leeds yesterday but all the rest radio silence.
Original post by chewy06

Me too
Original post by oliviaclarke06

Hii ! I’ve also applied I heard back from Leeds yesterday but all the rest radio silence.

What did you hear back from Leeds? I've heard nothing so far from them
Reply 15
Original post by Hootenberry
You can still do dentistry with btecs there are universities that take them. But with low gcse grades it wouldn’t be possible I guess

Yeah I know but I dont meet the gcse criteria
Original post by Hammadxali
What did you hear back from Leeds? I've heard nothing so far from them

Rejected 😀
Original post by oliviaclarke06

Which unis did you apply to? I also got rejected from Leeds😭
Reply 18

Same

Plymouth Birmingham Portsmouth and Suffolk

Quick Reply

Latest