The Student Room Group

Entry requirements for dentistry

are there any university courses which accept you if you just studied chemistry and maths but didn't take biology as an option?
Original post by lush-mochi
are there any university courses which accept you if you just studied chemistry and maths but didn't take biology as an option?

Hi, Sol from the University of Suffolk here! :smile:

Some universities want you to have two 'lab based' sciences, but many just want one so you could definitely get away with having just Chemistry and Maths. As long as you have three A's at A Level and one Lab based science at least you should be okay, but definitely look at specific universities' entry requirements on their website to confirm.

The above information I found on this page btw: Dental School Entry Requirements

There are also some options where you could study a related course at degree level and then use this to progress into postgraduate study in Dentistry.

For example, we do a course in Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy here at the University of Suffolk which enables you to go straight into being a Hygienist or a Dental Assistant from the degree, but you could also progress onto an MSc in Dentistry straight from the course so it could be another way into a career as a dentist. Other universities may offer similar courses to this. Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any more questions!

- Sol from the University of Suffolk

Quick Reply

Latest