The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

SLT Ulster university

Hi I wonder can anyone give me some information on the undergraduate SLT at Magee campus. Will be applying through ucas from south of Ireland for sept 2023 entry. What’s the process like once application gone in. Also can you tell me anything about the course. Why is it 3 years most courses I have looked at are 4? Would love any info about the course and campus. Thanks

Scroll to see replies

You have interview then offers are made April/may time. Interview is a recording so your not actually face to face with someone. it's timed for each question and once it up it's up. offers are out around April time/may time I think. You will get lots of emails and updates on all that anyway. its just been condensed down into three years, so it is very intense but you have great support from tutors. you also get buddied up with a second year so you can bounce off them if needed.
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you I appreciate all that. I assume ucas offers won’t be made until after closing date for interviews etc. I have heard back from 2 other universities already but nothing from ulster

Original post by Anonymous
You have interview then offers are made April/may time. Interview is a recording so your not actually face to face with someone. it's timed for each question and once it up it's up. offers are out around April time/may time I think. You will get lots of emails and updates on all that anyway. its just been condensed down into three years, so it is very intense but you have great support from tutors. you also get buddied up with a second year so you can bounce off them if needed.
Original post by Bonnie1974
Thank you I appreciate all that. I assume ucas offers won’t be made until after closing date for interviews etc. I have heard back from 2 other universities already but nothing from ulster

can't remember when interviews is. something tells me Feb some time. They don't give out offers until at least after Easter. Hundreds apply and there only 30 odd places so they have alot to go through.
Check your emails, lots of info has just arrived!
Reply 5
Yes thanks I got all the info yesterday.
Reply 6
Yes thanks I got all the info yesterday.

Any interview dates yet?
Hiya i also applied for SLT hope ur interview went well
Reply 8
Original post by ebyrne2036
Hiya i also applied for SLT hope ur interview went well

Yeah it went well I think but you just never know!! How did yours go?
Yeh I think mine went ok! It was better than social work anyway haha
have they said when you find out?
Hi! Does anyone know how many places there is for slt?
Original post by Sars123
Hi! Does anyone know how many places there is for slt?

I contacted the college they told me 470 applicants and 33 places
I contacted the college they told me 470 applicants and 33 places

Good odds then 🙈
Original post by Sars123
Good odds then 🙈

I know!!! Not even 10%!! How do they break it down I wonder? She said there will be a few extra places added just in case some who were offered don’t meet grade expectations but honestly I was shocked! That’s going to be a tough call
I know!!! Not even 10%!! How do they break it down I wonder? She said there will be a few extra places added just in case some who were offered don’t meet grade expectations but honestly I was shocked! That’s going to be a tough call

Im not sure. The video they sent explained if you have 'tied' with somebody in the scores and its the last place, they then look at the personal statement again. The lack of places is annoying and soul destroying 🙈🙈
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Sars123
Im not sure. The video they sent explained if you have 'tied' with somebody in the scores and its the last place, they then look at the personal statement again. The lack of places is annoying and soul destroying 🙈🙈

Absolutely!
Absolutely!

Anyone get an email yesterday about places, it seems there will only be between 20-25 and if you are not successful you may be offered another course?
Anyone get an email yesterday about places, it seems there will only be between 20-25 and if you are not successful you may be offered another course?

not great number of places. my friend said there is over 30 in 1st year ATM. hopefully you get in. when do you find out
Hey! Yeah, i got that email also. I know someone who did the language and linguistics course and enjoyed it. They did an extra year and became a primary school teacher. It was based in belfast at the time though..im not sure if that course has moved to magee also?!

Quick Reply

Latest