The Student Room Group

Sciences Po or LSE - Management

Need help choosing between the two:
Sciences Po - Master in International Management and Sustainability (2 year programme)
LSE - MSc in Management (1 year programme)

Any insight would be highly valued!
Original post by AGM22
Need help choosing between the two:
Sciences Po - Master in International Management and Sustainability (2 year programme)
LSE - MSc in Management (1 year programme)

Any insight would be highly valued!

Hey there! I'm an LSE MiM offer holder as well. What are the factors that are going against LSE for you at the moment?
Reply 2
Original post by Gamestorm
Hey there! I'm an LSE MiM offer holder as well. What are the factors that are going against LSE for you at the moment?

Basically the fast paced nature of the programme and also it being just 1 year long. I'm afraid it may not be enough to gain experience beyond the scope of the course, in terms in internships or other activities. And this schedule may also be a little tight to explore employment opportunities as compared to the more spread out 2 year programme at Sciences Po.

At the same time, LSE has a much greater reputation worldwide in the area of Social Sciences and Management so that may be a very big plus as well!

I'm really confused :frown:
Original post by AGM22
Basically the fast paced nature of the programme and also it being just 1 year long. I'm afraid it may not be enough to gain experience beyond the scope of the course, in terms in internships or other activities. And this schedule may also be a little tight to explore employment opportunities as compared to the more spread out 2 year programme at Sciences Po.

At the same time, LSE has a much greater reputation worldwide in the area of Social Sciences and Management so that may be a very big plus as well!

I'm really confused :frown:

I suppose then it really comes down to where you intend to work upon completion of your program. If it's London, then there are fewer better places than LSE with its vast network spanning virtually every industry you could think of.

Speaking for myself, the 1yr program at LSE was a major pull, having just gone through a rigorous 4yr bachelors degree, I wanted to be able to pivot to my chosen field of work as soon as I could. However, if you want time to explore various career paths, then Sciences Po might prove to be a good option, though I haven't heard much of the school, primarily owing to a lack of exposure to European Universities.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Gamestorm
I suppose then it really comes down to where you intend to work upon completion of your program. If it's London, then there are fewer better places than LSE with its vast network spanning virtually every industry you could think of.

Speaking for myself, the 1yr program at LSE was a major pull, having just gone through a rigorous 4yr bachelors degree, I wanted to be able to pivot to my chosen field of work as soon as I could. However, if you want time to explore various career paths, then Sciences Po might prove to be a good option, though I haven't heard much of the school, primarily owing to a lack of exposure to European Universities.

Thanks for the insight!
Reply 5
Hi I'm faced with a similar either/or situation this year (with the same master's program at Sciences Po). May I ask what was your final decision and how is that going? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending