The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do

M19. I am lost. I don't know how I feel most of the time. Every time I feel something I start doubting the feeling and break it down until it doesn't have an effect anymore, or I switch it to instead make me feel worse about myself.
How do I stop questioning myself and feel?
I have very little core values. I'll lie and gossip to get what I want but I know inside that it isn't right. Or maybe I simply am repeating what everyone says.
How do I develop core values?
I don't know what I think because I keep challenging every thought.
How to stop doing this?
I don't have opinions on most things as they keep changing.
I hate myself most of the time because I keep making the same mistakes.
How do I stop making mistakes and hating myself?
I lie and gossip too often. How do I stop?
This was a rant. But I would like to hear how I can deal with this or what I can do.
You can just stop, tell yourself to stop, remind yourself, think it.
Extremely late here, but I argue that religion (in particular Christianity) is the solution. Ultimately we all have sinned, and the only way for us to be forgiven is by Jesus Christ. Even just reading the Bible is helpful! It's nice to know that the Creator loves you despite your sins, and will forgive you if you ask and believe that Jesus died to save you from your sin.
I think this guilt is your conscience speaking, and you have to listen to it, and strengthen it by praying, and reading the Bible. It's a very good sign that you are even thinking these things though! I'll keep you in my prayers, hopefully your situation improves!

Quick Reply

Latest