The Student Room Group

Urgent need of wex asasp

Please please please! My sixth form is making us do a compulsory work experience placement. Since the start of Feb I've been looking into architecture firms and just a few days ago I widened my search into planning businesses but no luck. they seem to be taking very few students and many are already at full capacity. If push comes to shove I'll have to work at my mums office but her work doesn't really give me the experience I need for architecture and/or design. I won't lie my self esteem is so low right now and I'm losing hope. So please, if anyone has any advice and ideas on what to do, I would be really grateful. Preferably before March the 24th because I'll only have a week left where ill have to work with my mum. Thanks so much in advance.
Aw, I've had a similar experience with trying to find Architecture work experience as it's very limited most of the time - so it's alright if you haven't found anywhere!
I'd suggest maybe going to your mum's place for this work experience (I had compulsory work experience in yr11 as well) and trying to find Architecture related work experience in the future?
I only managed to get some later on (once in 6th form) and it was for the following year cause they were all booked up earlier on heh
Reply 2
Original post by joslin
Please please please! My sixth form is making us do a compulsory work experience placement. Since the start of Feb I've been looking into architecture firms and just a few days ago I widened my search into planning businesses but no luck. they seem to be taking very few students and many are already at full capacity. If push comes to shove I'll have to work at my mums office but her work doesn't really give me the experience I need for architecture and/or design. I won't lie my self esteem is so low right now and I'm losing hope. So please, if anyone has any advice and ideas on what to do, I would be really grateful. Preferably before March the 24th because I'll only have a week left where ill have to work with my mum. Thanks so much in advance.

have a go at emailing different architectural firms- u never know if they will let you do work experience if u ask!

springpod and speakers for schools also have a variety of online work experiences so u could always take a look there

hope that helps :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by meepsie
have a go at emailing different architectural firms- u never know if they will let you do work experience if u ask!

springpod and speakers for schools also have a variety of online work experiences so u could always take a look there

hope that helps :smile:

Thanks for the suggestion! But unfortunately we have to arrange an in person wex this year but I have done many online courses with both of these sites!
Reply 4
Original post by Arianna:D
Aw, I've had a similar experience with trying to find Architecture work experience as it's very limited most of the time - so it's alright if you haven't found anywhere!
I'd suggest maybe going to your mum's place for this work experience (I had compulsory work experience in yr11 as well) and trying to find Architecture related work experience in the future?
I only managed to get some later on (once in 6th form) and it was for the following year cause they were all booked up earlier on heh

Omg yes this is what I was thinking of doing but I still have time. Im in year 12 now and I really wish I looked into this earlier on. But yeah the plan I want to say I have is that I work at mums and then find wex later on on the summer.
Original post by joslin

Work experience isn't necessary for architecture applicants (and it's hard to find) so don't worry too much.
Original post by joslin
Omg yes this is what I was thinking of doing but I still have time. Im in year 12 now and I really wish I looked into this earlier on. But yeah the plan I want to say I have is that I work at mums and then find wex later on on the summer.

Cool - sounds good! I did mine in late summer of yr12 to yr13 and it was quite helpful when writing my personal statement :smile: good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending