The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by poppylwilson
Question. I have received an offer, as long as I get DMM. I live far away, so I am having to move to a dorm. Do I wait to see what my options are before applying for a room in a dorm, or do I pick a dorm room ASAP? I don't really know.

Canterbury Christ Church University require that you have selected them as your firm choice before you can apply for accommodation. From your "wait to see what my options are" comment, it sounds like you have other universities from which you're still waiting for hear back.

You can't actually apply for student accommodation right now anyway. As this page says, "Accommodation for students starting in September 2023 is not yet open, but register your interest using this form and we will contact you when it becomes available."
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Question. I have received an offer, as long as I get DMM. I live far away, so I am having to move to a dorm. Do I wait to see what my options are before applying for a room in a dorm, or do I pick a dorm room ASAP? I don't really know.

Please did you apply via UCAS or directly from the site and how long did it take to get an offer from Canterbury Christ church

Our accommodation portal is now open! All of our student accommodation is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, so if you have a preference we recommend you apply as soon as you can. A top tip for applying is not to select the same site for all of your choices and if these are full you could be allocated any site.

If you do decide to apply later or through clearing then we cannot guarantee accommodation in our halls and it will be subject to availability.

If I can help with anything else just ask!

Luke :smile:
Original post by CCCUOfficial
Our accommodation portal is now open! All of our student accommodation is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, so if you have a preference we recommend you apply as soon as you can. A top tip for applying is not to select the same site for all of your choices and if these are full you could be allocated any site.

If you do decide to apply later or through clearing then we cannot guarantee accommodation in our halls and it will be subject to availability.

I realise that Canterbury Christ Church University is not alone in operating a "first come, first served" policy for the allocation of accommodation, but I just thought I'd point out that this is not in accordance with the UCAS "Best Practice Guidance for Accommodation Allocation", available here, which stated that "Requesting early replies in return for benefits (e.g. priority access to accommodation) is not permitted."

The PDF available via that page is even more explicit in that it says that "Business Rule 9 requires that you must not place undue pressure on applicants to reply to offers before 8 June 2023" and cites "Operating a ‘first-come-first-served’ accommodation allocation which commences before 8 June 2023" as an example of "undo pressure".

If universities all followed the UCAS rules, the whole application process would be a lot less stressful for students.
Stay away from CCCU if you value your mental health
Original post by Pyujeh
Stay away from CCCU if you value your mental health

why?
Original post by DataVenia
I realise that Canterbury Christ Church University is not alone in operating a "first come, first served" policy for the allocation of accommodation, but I just thought I'd point out that this is not in accordance with the UCAS "Best Practice Guidance for Accommodation Allocation", available here, which stated that "Requesting early replies in return for benefits (e.g. priority access to accommodation) is not permitted."

The PDF available via that page is even more explicit in that it says that "Business Rule 9 requires that you must not place undue pressure on applicants to reply to offers before 8 June 2023" and cites "Operating a ‘first-come-first-served’ accommodation allocation which commences before 8 June 2023" as an example of "undo pressure".

If universities all followed the UCAS rules, the whole application process would be a lot less stressful for students.

:flute::vroam:

I didn't know about this info. DataVenia with the fact checking.
Reply 8
Original post by CCCU Official

I got a place in clearing but I don’t have accommodation, help!
Original post by Kirbykoo
I got a place in clearing but I don’t have accommodation, help!

I have replied to your other comment @Kirbykoo

Latest

Trending

Trending