The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

I am an undergraduate Kent student - Ask Me Anything!

Hi. My name is Alia and I am a current undergraduate student going into my final year at Kent studying Psychology. I have lived in Canterbury for nearly 10 years.

I welcome any and all questions about the course, life on campus as well as life in Canterbury.

If you plan on coming to Kent in September 2023 or are thinking about applying, tell me about it! Let me know what course you are studying too.

For more information about applying to Kent through clearing click the link here: https://www.kent.ac.uk/clearing

Alia
Kent Student Rep
Reply 1
Is it possible to switch from an ensuite to a shared facility accommodation after getting an offer for an ensuite?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Hello there - could I ask how the travel system works in the Kent/Canterbury area - how much do you spend as a student traveling per week, do you get charged per bus ride or is it a pay once per month kinda thing? I assume that I'll have to travel almost every day or very often between the University of Kent and Canterbury Christ Church University and so I am trying to decide between using public transport or buying a bike. How long is the journey between both of these universities and how much delay can you expect due to traffic?
Original post by vduku
Is it possible to switch from an ensuite to a shared facility accommodation after getting an offer for an ensuite?

Hi @vduku,

As this is a very specific accommodation question I do not know exactly if this can be done or how it can be done. I would recommend contacting ([email protected]) with your current situation.

I hope this helps and I am here to answer any other questions you might have.

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Original post by Anonymous
Hello there - could I ask how the travel system works in the Kent/Canterbury area - how much do you spend as a student traveling per week, do you get charged per bus ride or is it a pay once per month kinda thing? I assume that I'll have to travel almost every day or very often between the University of Kent and Canterbury Christ Church University and so I am trying to decide between using public transport or buying a bike. How long is the journey between both of these universities and how much delay can you expect due to traffic?

Hi there :smile:

There are many options to choose from commuting wise. Bus travel is the most commonly used method of travel by students as the buses are frequent between the university and Canterbury town. You can take a look at our advice regarding bus travel here. On this link you will find different ticket prices to suit you. You can also find out how much tickets cost per day. I personally use UniRider3 as I live in Canterbury so I can use it pretty much all year round and it saves me the most money. When using a student ticket/pass you must always show your KentID to the bus driver.

To purchase a ticket or for more information on cost and which bus goes where I would recommend taking a look on the Stagecoach website. To figure out whether it is worth buying a pass you may want to work out how many times a week you will be expecting to come onto campus and compare this to an annual pass or monthly pass. If you do want to use an annual pass it might take a few days for the pass to be delivered to you so the first few days of term you may need to buy day passes.

I don't actually know how to ride a bike so I can't say much about this but the university is on a hill so this is something you may want to consider.

Finally, with regard to traffic between both universities it depends on the time of day. Usually you can expect more of a delay around 3-5pm in Canterbury as schools finish at this time.

I hope this was helpful and if you have any more questions let me know! :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending