The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Can’t find anyone in the same course as me

I start uni at Teesside in September and we have made a few group chats so all of us can get to know each other I’m doing animation with foundation year and I’ve been looking for someone who will be in my course and in every group no one has said their in me course.

Ik it’s a little early to worry about it but I like to be prepared and I’m a little anxious. At least the people in the group chats have been really friendly!
If the people in the chats keep steering the conversation around to freshers then they aren’t genuine applicants.
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Original post by Busybean
I start uni at Teesside in September and we have made a few group chats so all of us can get to know each other I’m doing animation with foundation year and I’ve been looking for someone who will be in my course and in every group no one has said their in me course.

Ik it’s a little early to worry about it but I like to be prepared and I’m a little anxious. At least the people in the group chats have been really friendly!

Hi!

Don't worry - more and more applicants will come in and you will likely find someone else before starting uni who is doing the same course as you :smile:

Have you joined our undergraduate applicant group on Facebook? This is a great way to get in touch with other people and find out who is starting at the same time as you.

Good luck!
T :smile:
Bear in mind the cohort may be very small, especially for those doing the foundation year (as Teeside do a two strand foundation year you might find someone doing Comics or Illustration in the same cohort for the foundation year).

Teeside also say they have a policy of grouping students on similar courses together in accommodation.

And I think quite often the people you chat to before are not the ones you make friends with in real life.
Reply 4
My son will be starting 2D & Stop Motion with foundation year this September! He's extremely quiet though... I happened upon your post accidentally while looking for info for him...
Honestly rly rly don’t worry at all. On my course there’s only 20 of us. I never joined any group chats for my uni and I only know 1 person of my course who did. You will meet them in September and they’re all in the same boat as you not knowing what it’s gonna be like once you get there.

I’m glad you’re staying positive tho! At least the people in the group chats have been nice and maybe some of these could be your friends when you get there!

Original post by Busybean

I agree with this - my friend who was in a uni group chat does not keep in contact with the people she met in that group chat anymore. And we’re now finished second year, going into third in September.

Original post by dirtmother
Bear in mind the cohort may be very small, especially for those doing the foundation year (as Teeside do a two strand foundation year you might find someone doing Comics or Illustration in the same cohort for the foundation year).

Teeside also say they have a policy of grouping students on similar courses together in accommodation.

And I think quite often the people you chat to before are not the ones you make friends with in real life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending