The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MSt Art History & Visual Culture Oxford

Has anyone applied to the MSt in Art History and Visual Culture for 2020-1? I just submitted my application. There doesn't seem to be too many of us around.

For those of you who did this program at Oxford, what was it like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ctgryn11
Has anyone applied to the MSt in Art History and Visual Culture for 2020-1? I just submitted my application. There doesn't seem to be too many of us around.

For those of you who did this program at Oxford, what was it like?

Check out the oxford postgraduate applicants thread - you might have more luck there.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6118636&p=86757382&page=8#
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Hi! I did the course last year if you have any questions. Good luck with your application!
Hi! I applied also. What is your specialty area?
Reply 4
Hi! I applied for the Mapping East and West option. Also applied to Courtauld - the waiting is killing me haha!
Reply 5
p.s. only two of my referees were submitted on time and the third one is still ignoring me... I read from the course webpage that they will start review my application with two references and they will contact me if a third one is needed. So I am assuming that I don't need to chase down my third referee until the admission team asks me?..
Reply 6
Original post by Dotia
Hi! I applied for the Mapping East and West option. Also applied to Courtauld - the waiting is killing me haha!

Hi! I applied for the same thing! With any luck we'll see each other there (fingers crossed.) As far as the reference letter, I did read that you could submit with two references but you can't get a decision until the third one is submitted, so I think you'll be fine (I had to chase down the third reference too.)

Good luck, hope you get in!
Reply 7
Original post by Mottejotte
Hi! I did the course last year if you have any questions. Good luck with your application!

Hi! how do you find the course overall? was it more independent research based or?
- and how is the career aspect?
thanks!
Original post by Dotia
Hi! how do you find the course overall? was it more independent research based or?
- and how is the career aspect?
thanks!

I enjoyed it! I did not find that the teaching component of the course really impacted on your essays/ dissertation that much so I would say the course does encourage independent research. People's experience of the course really depended on their tutor/course leader so I would definitely ask around before you pick. I have found career prospect to be alright - Oxford definitely helps if you want to venture out of the art-world. If you are committed to a career in history of art I think an institution like the Courtauld has the same (if not better) reputation.
Does anyone have any idea when we might hear? Other departments seem to know when the department should send out letters?
Reply 10
Original post by taylor9888
Does anyone have any idea when we might hear? Other departments seem to know when the department should send out letters?

No clue, I haven't seen anything as far as a potential date. I've been refreshing GradCafe like mad with no luck
Reply 11
Heads up, I've checked TheGradCafe and someone has already gotten rejected for 2020-1. We might be hearing something soon.
Ok. On the main thread I’ve seen a lot of talk about “informal offers”. Does anyone know if this applies to all departments?
Have seen a PhD offer on Gradcafe. Has anyone applying to MSt heard back?
Original post by BriggeYMalte
Have seen a PhD offer on Gradcafe. Has anyone applying to MSt heard back?

No, silence for me...
Original post by taylor9888
No, silence for me...

Same here...but guess we should be hearing from them next week
Original post by BriggeYMalte
Same here...but guess we should be hearing from them next week

Fingers crossed! What modules did everyone apply to?
Reply 17
I think the strike is def delaying the responses..hopefully we hear from them next week !!
Reply 18
Not to mention that two Oxford students have coronavirus now.. :smile:
As the virus hits harder we still hear nothing...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending