The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham clearing

Hi so I really want to go to university of birmingham to study chemistry but i stupidly didn’t send an application there, would there be a chance i can apply through clearing?? if so what would applying for accom be like
Original post by Asif Grande
Hi so I really want to go to university of birmingham to study chemistry but i stupidly didn’t send an application there, would there be a chance i can apply through clearing?? if so what would applying for accom be like

There's a chance, but it's a very small chance.

This article covers the Russell Group universities which had places available via UCAS Clearing last year. Birmingham is not amongst them.

Do you have offers for Chemistry elsewhere? Or are you still awaiting decisions?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by DataVenia
There's a chance, but it's a very small chance.

This article covers the Russell Group universities which had places available via UCAS Clearing last year. Birmingham is not amongst them.

Do you have offers for Chemistry elsewhere? Or are you still awaiting decisions?

i’ve gotten ones from cardiff and southampton and i’m waiting on warwick but i don’t want to go to warwick because the nightlife sounds bad so maybe i should try liverpool through clearing?
Original post by Asif Grande
i’ve gotten ones from cardiff and southampton and i’m waiting on warwick but i don’t want to go to warwick because the nightlife sounds bad so maybe i should try liverpool through clearing?

Cardiff has pretty good nightlife if that ids your issue.
Does anyone know if Birmingham will go into clearing on results day this year? I know they have clearing for international students right now and they allow student to register interest on specific courses - does this mean they are intending on having clearing spaces for home students on results day?
Original post by nushnush338
Does anyone know if Birmingham will go into clearing on results day this year? I know they have clearing for international students right now and they allow student to register interest on specific courses - does this mean they are intending on having clearing spaces for home students on results day?

Nobody can tell what university and what courses will be in clearing. Universities dont plan for clearing. They aim to fill their courses without it and only use clearing if the places havent been filled. They wont know that until results are known.
Original post by swanseajack1
Nobody can tell what university and what courses will be in clearing. Universities dont plan for clearing. They aim to fill their courses without it and only use clearing if the places havent been filled. They wont know that until results are known.

Do you think it’ll be likely this year? I know there weren’t any spaces last year and the year before because of over subscription but do you think that’ll be the case this year? Exams are normal this year but im not sure if there were loads of deferrals and reapplicants. They had spaces in early clearing and shut that with spaces left, so there must be spaces right?
Original post by nushnush338
Do you think it’ll be likely this year? I know there weren’t any spaces last year and the year before because of over subscription but do you think that’ll be the case this year? Exams are normal this year but im not sure if there were loads of deferrals and reapplicants. They had spaces in early clearing and shut that with spaces left, so there must be spaces right?

Nobody can tell and it is no use guessing. You will need to wait until results day to find out. Things vary year by year as different universities become more or less popular.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending