Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by CCCUOfficial
Absolutely wait until you feel more comfortable, there is no rush at all. You could always apply for this year and then potentially defer to next year to give you some options. I wouldn't worry about feeling older, I think it was a shock too me as I didn't even think about it before going, but then someone else in my house was 28 so I'm sure it was a bit more weird for them!! Have you been to visit some universities at open days at all? We offer bespoke tours here outside of these events so it might be worth considering this or similar options are other universities if you cannot make the open days.

There are SO many different things to do if you don't drink, there's also a lot of things to do surrounding Canterbury to make sure you explore further than just the university you end up going too. It really is a super small percentage of people which give university life the image it has, there are also a ton of societies to join, most have Facebook pages you can join beforehand and get too know people as well!

Oh I love listening too it (mainly country to be honest!) but in terms of playing anything, there's no chance! Oh wow, super talented!! We have had alumni perform as our graduation ceremonies, these are in Canterbury cathedral, as well as having having lots of other opportunities to get involved with performances there as well as chances to work cross department as well in our new creative arts building :smile:

I think it looks more scared!!!! If you click the emojis there should be a 'more' section! Some really random ones! :ymca:

- Luke

Thank you. It's comforting to hear you tell me not to rush it. Sometimes people are so pressurizing to do everything at a certain age, that it makes you doubt whether it's ok to do it a year later or something and how odd are you going to feel, etc ,etc. 😅 28? Now I don't feel so bad at all. Yeh, I guess it might have been a bit weird for him, but, hey, uni is open to everyone at the end of the day and people shouldn't judge ages. Just want to take a moment to thank you so, so much for being so friendly and helpful. It means a lot to be able to chat to someone about this. (I'm a bit new to chatting on TSR !)

Haha, wow, those emojis are really random ! And thanks again.

~ Bex
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Happy Notes
Thank you. It's comforting to hear you tell me not to rush it. Sometimes people are so pressurizing to do everything at a certain age, that it makes you doubt whether it's ok to do it a year later or something and how odd are you going to feel, etc ,etc. 😅 28? Now I don't feel so bad at all. Yeh, I guess it might have been a bit weird for him, but, hey, uni is open to everyone at the end of the day and people shouldn't judge ages. Just want to take a moment to thank you so, so much for being so friendly and helpful. It means a lot to be able to chat to someone about this. (I'm a bit new to chatting on TSR !)

Haha, wow, those emojis are really random ! And thanks again.

~ Bex

Oh 100%! It's so hard sometimes to not compare yourself to where other people are and what they are doing, but just don't stress about that too much, as you said uni is open to everyone and everyone does things when they are ready. You won't be missing out on anything waiting another year at all.

You are more than welcome, I'm glad to have helped! If you do ever visit an open day here I'll probably be working so do say hello! :smile:

If you think of anything else you want to ask in the future as I said earlier do pop an email to [email protected] and we will help get those answered. Or we are here as well on TSR, will keep up the random emoji's too! :cookie:

- Luke
Reply 22
Original post by CCCUOfficial
Oh 100%! It's so hard sometimes to not compare yourself to where other people are and what they are doing, but just don't stress about that too much, as you said uni is open to everyone and everyone does things when they are ready. You won't be missing out on anything waiting another year at all.

You are more than welcome, I'm glad to have helped! If you do ever visit an open day here I'll probably be working so do say hello! :smile:

If you think of anything else you want to ask in the future as I said earlier do pop an email to [email protected] and we will help get those answered. Or we are here as well on TSR, will keep up the random emoji's too! :cookie:

- Luke

Aww, okay, will do. Thank you, Luke !! 😊
Reply 23
Original post by Happy Notes
How do I find out what others think tho ?

ask around on student room, problem is most of the comments are by CCCU; not saying their opinion isn't valid, just that its heavily biased as they studied there and most likely work their if its named "CCCUOfficial". Deciding straight away just leads you to make poor decisions which is basically what i did when i chose my UCAS preferences; lucky it worked out.

Heed this as advice as well, not directly discouraging you to go there, just telling you to check other Universities so you obtain a broad opinion on what suits you based on opinions of students, accommodation and courses.
Reply 24
Original post by joshan12
ask around on student room, problem is most of the comments are by CCCU; not saying their opinion isn't valid, just that its heavily biased as they studied there and most likely work their if its named "CCCUOfficial". Deciding straight away just leads you to make poor decisions which is basically what i did when i chose my UCAS preferences; lucky it worked out.

Heed this as advice as well, not directly discouraging you to go there, just telling you to check other Universities so you obtain a broad opinion on what suits you based on opinions of students, accommodation and courses.

Might want to create a new thread based on the same question :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by joshan12
Might want to create a new thread based on the same question :smile:

Thank you for your help and advice, in both your posts. :smile: :smile:
Reply 26
Just out of interest, do any of you know how CCCU got its name ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending