The Student Room Group

Imperial College London Physics with Theoretical Physics vs year abroad

Hi. I got an offer from ICL for Physics with Theoretical Physics MSci. I want a year abroad experience, so I thought of changing my course to year abroad. But, I also want to take theoretical physics because I like the courses listed in the website. What do you think I should do? I kind of want to go to France or MIT... And also, year abroad course seems to make students do their MSCi project on their third year. Doesn't that make master's thesis kinda worse because they don't learn third-year contents?
Original post by jenson77
Hi. I got an offer from ICL for Physics with Theoretical Physics MSci. I want a year abroad experience, so I thought of changing my course to year abroad. But, I also want to take theoretical physics because I like the courses listed in the website. What do you think I should do? I kind of want to go to France or MIT... And also, year abroad course seems to make students do their MSCi project on their third year. Doesn't that make master's thesis kinda worse because they don't learn third-year contents?

Hi @jenson77 I would ask the uni directly about this. It may be that you’re able to take the theoretical physics course with a year abroad included. If not it might be possible to study some of the theoretical physics modules on the study abroad scheme.

- Tineke
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Reply 2
Original post by jenson77

Hi I study at imperial. In order to go on the year abroad you pretty much have to be the best in the year group as there aren't more than 10 spots. If you were interested in MIT you would need to be the best in your year group.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending