The Student Room Group

Imperial v Cambridge for Science

Hi, I'm really struggling to make uni decisions after receiving all my offers. I have offers for Leeds NatSci, UCL NatSci, Imperial Chemistry, Imperial Physics, and Cambridge NatSci.My struggle is that I like the research opportunities, location, range of choice, and opportunities to go abroad/work in industry at Imperial, but I like the Cambridge course (because I don't have to choose between phys and chem until year 2) and especially the supervisions at Cam. I also like the vibe of my college, it's very different to London but wonderful in its own way (Newnham <3)Which should I firm? Is it stupid to firm one and insure the other? My 'safe' insurance is UCL and I've pretty much ruled out Leeds.My offers areCambridge: A*A*ABImperial Chemistry: A* in chemistry, AA in maths, physicsImperial Physics: A*A* in maths, physics, A in chemistry OR further mathsUCL and Leeds are A*AAEveryone in this debate seems very defensive on both sides... Imperial people will tell you Oxbridge is outdated and overrated while Oxbridge people will tell you Imperial is just any other uni that isn't them and doesn't have the teaching they do.
Reply 1
The work experience / study abroad options at Imperial are significant - these will add 'context' and depth to your studies, and boost your graduate CV. Only you know what your realistic grade chances are, and how much of a safety net you might need on Results Day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending