The Student Room Group

Should I reject my Cambridge offer?

Hiya I'm looking for some advice about my offers for Chemical Engineering please :crown:

I have an A*AA offer from Cambridge and A*A*A from Imperial College London

I really prefer London and the modules and experience at Imperial ... but everyone is calling me crazy to reject Cambridge? I'm thinking I could do postgrad at Cambridge instead? :smile: Do you think I will regret it??

Also I take dance classes in London (to make sure I am well rounded and not just academic) so I will miss a lot of competitions if I don't stay in London :angelblush:

I'm predicted A*A*A*A in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Economics

I also took German and Art at AS :smile: (only took Art because my tutor said I didn't look well rounded without it lol :biggrin: and German is important for a career in Engineering as Germany is, woah ... amazing at all that :u:

My GCSEs: seven 9s, three 8s, one 7 (the 7 was in History .. ew lol :blushing:)

Thanks for any advice :biggrin:
Reply 1
Well aren't you smart!! Well done on all your achievements!

My two cents would be to probably go for Cambridge. Usually I'd say to pick the one you enjoy the prospects of more, but if you plan on having a career abroad Cambridge will always be held in much higher regard. That being said, Imperial is amazing as well so you're certainly not shooting yourself in the foot, I just think you may have a few more doors opened for you with Cambridge.

Good luck with whatever you decide though, the future is looking bright!
Reply 2
If you prefer the course and the location at Imperial then go there. Hard to say if you would regret it, because chances are if you find it difficult and stressful at one of those unis, you'd have felt the same at the other.

Basing the decision off prestige is a bit pointless - I mean, it's Cambridge and Imperial, damn.

Are you thinking of taking the year abroad course? There's probably an option for studying in Germany
Trust your gut instict and listen to what your feelings are telling you. :smile:
If you prefer the Imperial course, want to continue living in London and would prefer to study postgrad at Cambridge- that's fine.
Good luck!
What did you decide? I know someone in same position this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending