The Student Room Group

Grief anxieties

I lost my dad to Cancer when i was 12. I am now 21 and full of anxiety. My mam lost her husband and a couple of years beforehand my grandad passed away so my grandma lost her ex husband (not close at all) i have been with my boyfriend for a year and 4 months and i have so much anxiety that if i one day marry him that it is going to be the same fate as my mother and grandmother. I am riddled with anxiety that i fear i am almost cursed and i will end up the way my mother and grandmother are have.
Original post by Patonxo05
I lost my dad to Cancer when i was 12. I am now 21 and full of anxiety. My mam lost her husband and a couple of years beforehand my grandad passed away so my grandma lost her ex husband (not close at all) i have been with my boyfriend for a year and 4 months and i have so much anxiety that if i one day marry him that it is going to be the same fate as my mother and grandmother. I am riddled with anxiety that i fear i am almost cursed and i will end up the way my mother and grandmother are have.

This seems like a terrible situation. In your situation i would just try to remove as much anxiety from my life and try and live my life to the fullest. Do things u enjoy, fall in love, make mistakes its all part of life and what will be will be. Try not to dwell on all the bad things or what the future will bring - its out of your control so try not to stress about it.

As another solution there is always anti-anxiety/anti-depression medication of youre feeling extremely bad about it all.

Hope this helps
Mads
I know it’s hard, but you should definitely look on the bright side. Look how strong you’ve been these past years! Just be happy in the moment, as you still have a loving support base around you, and that won’t go away unless you want it to.

I hope you are okay, i’m not a counsellor or therapist but I hope I have somewhat eased your worries. If you are feelign really anxious, I would highly recommend seeing a healthcare professional. <3
Start meditating

Quick Reply

Latest