The Student Room Group

I know I'm not ok but I don't know what's wrong with me. Can anyone help please?

I am in therapy, psychoanalytical therapy to be precise, have been doing it for a year, have a good relationship with my therapist but I'm still a mess. I mean, really, deep down, I'm not feeling well. I would do anything for someone to hear me out. But the problem is I've posted here on TSR so many times but not found a solution. I will be starting CBT soon aswell. I'm not ok at all, and I think it's all mental. I'm already on medication too. I don't feel like I can speak to my GP or healthcare professionals about this. Would really appreciate a reply.
Well done for posting here and reaching out. Speak to your GP who may be able to signpost you to further help, or speak with your therapist. If you really feel you can’t reach out to them, try some of the excellent helplines at charities that are relevant to your situation where your anonymity will be respected. I hope you get some resolution and feel better soon.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I am in therapy, psychoanalytical therapy to be precise, have been doing it for a year, have a good relationship with my therapist but I'm still a mess. I mean, really, deep down, I'm not feeling well. I would do anything for someone to hear me out. But the problem is I've posted here on TSR so many times but not found a solution. I will be starting CBT soon aswell. I'm not ok at all, and I think it's all mental. I'm already on medication too. I don't feel like I can speak to my GP or healthcare professionals about this. Would really appreciate a reply.

Sorry to hear you are struggling. It could be that psychoanalysis isn't the best match for you if it isn't helping you feel better - especially after a year. You might find CBT to be more helpful. Your therapist should help you work through your thoughts and feelings and figure out what might be going on, and then help you find more helpful ways of thinking and behaving to reduce any emotional distress.

The trouble with looking for solutions here is that this is not an expert audience. People may offer advice that is not necessarily good, or you may get conflicting information that could be confusing. I'd always suggest speaking to a mental health professional to make sure you are getting the best advice.
Original post by Nerol
Sorry to hear you are struggling. It could be that psychoanalysis isn't the best match for you if it isn't helping you feel better - especially after a year. You might find CBT to be more helpful. Your therapist should help you work through your thoughts and feelings and figure out what might be going on, and then help you find more helpful ways of thinking and behaving to reduce any emotional distress.

The trouble with looking for solutions here is that this is not an expert audience. People may offer advice that is not necessarily good, or you may get conflicting information that could be confusing. I'd always suggest speaking to a mental health professional to make sure you are getting the best advice.

Thank you for replying I will PM you further if that is ok
I think CBT counselling maybe helpful for you

You can get support and there is a lot of support out there such as:

-The Samaritans, you can call 116 123, which is available 24 hours a day

-Mind, 0300 123 3393

-Saneline, 0300 304 7000, from 4.30pm-10.30pm

-The mix, 0800 808 4994, 11am-11pm

-SHOUT, text 852258, 24 hour text service

-Crises, 741741, text service

-Papyrus, 0800 068 4141, if you have thoughts of suicide or in emotional distress

-Rethink mental health, 0300 5000 927

-No Panic, 0800 138 8889

-relate, they have a chat advisor

There is the mind forum

Also Facebook groups

You can join support groups

You can contact a crises team if things get very bad

Plenty of resources online, information regarding well being

Quick Reply

Latest