The Student Room Group

i hate sofa surfing

Sorry! just a vent.
I really hate having to sofa surf and live with friends who i feel like don’t want me here, one of my friends can be so horrible at times and whilst I appreciate him letting me stay he can be so mean at times. I’m moving soon, but it still feels so far away. I desperately need advice, I wish I wasn’t homeless and had somewhere to stay.
Wish the best for you. I doubt anything I say could be helpful as this person is probably a last resort. I truly hope you get out of this situation.
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry! just a vent.
I really hate having to sofa surf and live with friends who i feel like don’t want me here, one of my friends can be so horrible at times and whilst I appreciate him letting me stay he can be so mean at times. I’m moving soon, but it still feels so far away. I desperately need advice, I wish I wasn’t homeless and had somewhere to stay.

What sort of advice are you seeking?

How to avoid friends who've offered you a couch on which to sleep from being "horrible" and/or "mean" to you?
How to earn money so you can afford to rent somewhere?
How to find somewhere to live?

You say, "I’m moving soon". Is that moving to a different friend's sofa? Or to more permanent accomodation? How soon will this happen?
Reply 3
Sorry! just a vent.

Sorry to hear you're struggling with homelessness at the minute - that sounds really tough! Have you contacted any local or national housing support services? You could try Crisis or Citizen's Advice for places to start. It can be difficult finding accommodation, so I feel for you, but reaching out for advice and support from the experts in this area is the best place to start. I hope you are able to improve your situation soon.
Original post by DataVenia
What sort of advice are you seeking?

How to avoid friends who've offered you a couch on which to sleep from being "horrible" and/or "mean" to you?
How to earn money so you can afford to rent somewhere?
How to find somewhere to live?

You say, "I’m moving soon". Is that moving to a different friend's sofa? Or to more permanent accomodation? How soon will this happen?

how to honestly cope, it’s such a long way away to me and it’s taking a toll on my mental health. i’m leaving for University soon.
how to honestly cope, it’s such a long way away to me and it’s taking a toll on my mental health. i’m leaving for University soon.

I don't have any particular advice on how to cope, I'm afraid.

Do you think having some day countdown might help? You're likely starting uni in about six months from now. That's around 180 days. So you could cross-off each day on a calendar, or on countdown app, setting yourself mini-goals along line way. "I'm also down to 150 days" or "I'm nearly into double digits" - that kind of thing.

Would that kind of approach help, do you think?
Over population caused by baby boomers/mass immigration means housing is strictly limited especially in the big towns and cities. I've been there. Not good.

Quick Reply

Latest