The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Try to remember accents, especially for the past tense like je suis allé

it is better to know them than to not. some mistakes will be tolerated but consistently missing out accents, such as in the past tense can really hurt your grade as now you are hindering your communication and clarity by leaving ambiguity in your writing.

something like même si, if you wrote meme si, would be tolerated

but saying j'ai mange instead of j'ai mangé will mean you have incorrectly used the past tense and will bring your mark down significantly

I hope this helps
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 21
je veux qu'il soit possible
(edited 10 months ago)
How did it go, everyone? :smile:

GCSE French Higher Tier

Reply 23
Original post by SagaciousSag
For an environment question, you could say, “Je veux que les gens fassent plus pour protéger l’environnement / contre le changement climatique.” (I want people to do more to protect the environment / against climate change.)

For a family question, you could say, “Je m’entends bien avec ma famille parce qu’ils me soutiennent quoi que je fasse.” (I get on well with my family because they support me no matter what I do.)

For a past experience, you could say, “Avant que nous partions / avant de partir, mon père voulait que nous prenions des photos.” (Before we left / before leaving, my dad wanted us to take photos.”

You don’t need to use the subjunctive to get 32, but 5 correct tenses (perfect, imperfect, present, conditional and either future tense) with 2 opinions and reasons and a range of grammar points (like “en regardant”, “après avoir fait”, “avoir l’intention de”, “il est essential de”, “ce que j’aime le mieux / le plus” and other things) can help you achieve the same, even if the story you’re telling is quite basic.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for this. Absolute life saver and I used the second one in my exam
Reply 24
Original post by Pwca
How did it go, everyone? :smile:

GCSE French Higher Tier

Regular day in the office. Was pleased with the questions and translation, fingers crossed no grammatical mistakes in the writings. LADS WE'VE DONE A FULL GCSE OMG
for question 2.1, the bullet point "une visite scolaire mémorable" - do they mean someone who has visited your school or does it mean a school trip?
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by ndjfghrjfdke__
for question 2.1, the bullet point "une visite scolaire mémorable" - do they mean someone who has visited your school or does it mean a school trip?

It means a school trip.
Original post by Caotica
Thank you so much for this. Absolute life saver and I used the second one in my exam

Glad I could help! :smile:
Reply 28
if i put bien que instead of cependant for the translation do you guys think i would still get the mark?
Reply 29
absolute amazing exam, defo got a 9 it was super easy based on it was just about school and basic things. Translation absolutely brilliant, forgot what cousin was guessed and put cousine got it right. Defo the best paper I’ve seen yet
Reply 30
Original post by Harshi_789
if i put bien que instead of cependant for the translation do you guys think i would still get the mark?

bien que means although, the word was however
Reply 31
Original post by butter:)
bien que means although, the word was however

Would pourtant be okay?
Reply 32
Original post by Caotica
Would pourtant be okay?

Poutant means though
Original post by Caotica
Would pourtant be okay?

I believe there'll be multiple accepted answers, since there are various ways to say "however" in French. Don't worry too much.
Reply 34
What did people write for the part on the translation that said “we went camping”?
Reply 35
i said nous somme allé au camping
Original post by k0320
What did people write for the part on the translation that said “we went camping”?

nous avons fait du camping
Reply 37
How many marks will i lose for saying j’ai trouve instead of j’ai trouvé. Multiple times. Will i get bottom level please and thank you
Reply 38
that was gorgeous
Reply 39
Original post by lucaaj777
that was gorgeous

shutup

Latest

Trending

Trending