what did everyone put for grades in the translation
Reply 42
Original post by imco55505
what did everyone put for grades in the translation

notes
Reply 43
i think this was the translation for anyone wondering

Translate the following passage into French

Our History teacher is quite strict but I get on really well with him. He thinks that my grades in this subject are very good. However, I would prefer to study biology at university because i have always loved flowers. Recently, i spent a week with my cousin. We went camping in the countryside, near a river.

Not completely sure but its something on the lines of what it was
Reply 44
do I get penalised for writing a ridiculous amount for my 90 word (more like 300+ words) because i had loads of time left so i just wrote loads 😭 it's all grammatically correct i think and all relates to the bullet points but will i lose marks for not writing 90 words
i think this was the translation for anyone wondering

Translate the following passage into French

Our History teacher is quite strict but I get on really well with him. He thinks that my grades in this subject are very good. However, I would prefer to study biology at university because i have always loved flowers. Recently, i spent a week with my cousin. We went camping in the countryside, near a river.

Not completely sure but its something on the lines of what it was

Notre professeur d'histoire est très strict mais je m'entends très bien avec lui. Il pense que mes notes dans cette matière son très bonnes. Cependant je préfèrerais étudier la biologie à l'Université car j'ai toujours aimé les fleurs. Récemment, j'ai passé une semaine avec mon cousin. Nous sommes allés faire du camping à la campagne près d'une rivière.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 46
Original post by Talkative Toad
Notre professeur d'histoire est très stricte mais je m'entends très bien avec lui. Il pense que mes notes dans cette matière son très bonnes. Cependant il préfèrerait que j'étudie la biologie à l'Université car j'ai toujours aimé les fleurs. Récemment, j'ai passé une semaine avec mon cousin. No sommes allés faire du camping à la campagne près d'une rivière.

how did u remember all that?
Reply 47
Original post by Talkative Toad
Notre professeur d'histoire est très stricte mais je m'entends très bien avec lui. Il pense que mes notes dans cette matière son très bonnes. Cependant il préfèrerait que j'étudie la biologie à l'Université car j'ai toujours aimé les fleurs. Récemment, j'ai passé une semaine avec mon cousin. No sommes allés faire du camping à la campagne près d'une rivière.

wouldn't it be strict instead of stricte since u used the masculine for professeur? Also i think it was i would prefer instead of he would prefer.
Reply 48
also if u said j'adore les fleurs depuis toujours for i have always loved flowers would it still be correct? Ik j'ai toujours adore (with accent) les fleurs is correct as well
Original post by 27aj5
how did u remember all that?

I speak the language
wouldn't it be strict instead of stricte since u used the masculine for professeur? Also i think it was i would prefer instead of he would prefer.

Probably, my writing (and reading) sucks.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 51
also if u said j'adore les fleurs depuis toujours for i have always loved flowers would it still be correct? Ik j'ai toujours adore (with accent) les fleurs is correct as well

I put that too
Reply 52
Original post by Caotica
I put that too

Also went for sévère instead of strict
Reply 53
Original post by Caotica
Also went for sévère instead of strict

samee
Reply 54
I forgot what grade was in french so instead of 'notes' I said 'buts' which means aims. Also, I had no idea what meteo what in the exam, but it means weather. Did anyone else know either of these things? To add, I did 1.2 and 2.1, I talked about our school went on a trip that was atrocious for 'une trip de scolaire memorable'.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 55
Original post by raantaaro
do I get penalised for writing a ridiculous amount for my 90 word (more like 300+ words) because i had loads of time left so i just wrote loads 😭 it's all grammatically correct i think and all relates to the bullet points but will i lose marks for not writing 90 words

can someone please help me out here i am so worried what if they just stop reading it at 90 words and that only covers one bullet point and ill get no marks???
can someone please help me out here i am so worried what if they just stop reading it at 90 words and that only covers one bullet point and ill get no marks???

You do not lose marks for overwriting, but you are more likely to make mistakes. Even if you're a full-mark student, it gets agitating for the examiner when they see 2 pages for a 90 word task.

I’ve been told that they still maker work over 90 words however when work gets to 200+ for a 90 marker there is a chance the examiner will stop marking. But considering what you’ve said you’ll get good marks as long as the amount of errors you made are minimal don’t stress x
Reply 58
Original post by firegirl101
I’ve been told that they still maker work over 90 words however when work gets to 200+ for a 90 marker there is a chance the examiner will stop marking. But considering what you’ve said you’ll get good marks as long as the amount of errors you made are minimal don’t stress x

i think my errors were definitely minimal, every time ive done a 90 word before ive written too much and still gained high marks because its mostly grammatically correct. i think with the one i did today its quite clear that i did a tiny paragraph of a couple of sentences for each bullet point so hopefully they should mark to the end even if its a lot more than 90 words!
Reply 59
In the translation I put j'éspère de instead of just j'éspère - do you think I will get many marks dropped for that?

Latest

Trending

Trending