The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harshi_789
i said nous somme allé au camping

I put nous sommes allés faire du camping
Reply 61
Original post by A2324
In the translation I put j'éspère de instead of just j'éspère - do you think I will get many marks dropped for that?

i dont remember that being in the translation what was the sentence?
Reply 62
Original post by A2324
In the translation I put j'éspère de instead of just j'éspère - do you think I will get many marks dropped for that?

That wasn't in the translation
Reply 63
Original post by abvd
How many marks will i lose for saying j’ai trouve instead of j’ai trouvé. Multiple times. Will i get bottom level please and thank you

please help me
Original post by abvd
please help me

If you used the perfect tense correctly with other verbs (such as "j'ai mangé") but consistently made the mistake when conjugating "trouver", then you would get the marks for using the perfect tense, but any piece of information using the incorrect conjugation would not be included when marking the content unless you clearly stated something like "last weekend".

However, if you used the perfect tense incorrectly each time, you didn't use another past tense and you only end up with 2 tenses, then you'll be limited to 4 out of 6 for your quality of language and the above applies. It isn't catastrophic.
Reply 65
Guys, I realised I made a grave mistake.
I wrote "Je preferais" instead of "Je prefererais" for "I would prefer"
in the translation I think.
Reply 66
Original post by AJSM
Guys, I realised I made a grave mistake.
I wrote "Je preferais" instead of "Je prefererais" for "I would prefer"
in the translation I think.

I did that too then when I checked I was like hang on a min.... and changed it to prefererais. You'd probably lose 1 mark but it's not the end of the world when there's 239 more up for grabs
Original post by raantaaro
i think my errors were definitely minimal, every time ive done a 90 word before ive written too much and still gained high marks because its mostly grammatically correct. i think with the one i did today its quite clear that i did a tiny paragraph of a couple of sentences for each bullet point so hopefully they should mark to the end even if its a lot more than 90 words!

then don’t stress it you’ll do great!!
Reply 68
Original post by SagaciousSag
If you used the perfect tense correctly with other verbs (such as "j'ai mangé") but consistently made the mistake when conjugating "trouver", then you would get the marks for using the perfect tense, but any piece of information using the incorrect conjugation would not be included when marking the content unless you clearly stated something like "last weekend".

However, if you used the perfect tense incorrectly each time, you didn't use another past tense and you only end up with 2 tenses, then you'll be limited to 4 out of 6 for your quality of language and the above applies. It isn't catastrophic.

Thank you so much! You have made my year
Reply 69
So i have a predicament. In my exam I got a throb on which the invigilators clearly noticed and i saw them looking at my crotch area as i was sat near the front. I feel uncomfortable as i have an exam tomorrow with the same invigilators. Should i make a statement?
Original post by Harshi_789
So i have a predicament. In my exam I got a throb on which the invigilators clearly noticed and i saw them looking at my crotch area as i was sat near the front. I feel uncomfortable as i have an exam tomorrow with the same invigilators. Should i make a statement?

Probably not. They see lots of students and will most likely forget they saw it. Saying anything will just call attention to what happened. Even if they do remember, it would be weirder for them to bring anything up or treat a student differently because they are adults. So try not to worry about it :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by Banananna2006
Probably not. They see lots of students and will most likely forget they saw it. Saying anything will just call attention to what happened. Even if they do remember, it would be weirder for them to bring anything up or treat a student differently because they are adults. So try not to worry about it :smile:

nah nah i was joking
Reply 72
Original post by Gjacksongjdyh
I put nous sommes allés faire du camping

Ok THANK GOD YAY that’s what I said
Original post by ishaml_
I am doing aqa and for that you get a choice between 2 themes for both the 90 words and 150 words.
They only got 3 themes last year which is really annoying

Hope this helps!

what were the questions that you did this year for higher AQA french writing?

Latest

Trending

Trending